❁|2|❁

"Hey Maddie!" 

Madeline turned around and saw Cedric running towards her. 

"Oh hi Cedric." Maddie said. Her hands were full right at that moment; Mr. Weasley didn't know how to start the fire, so Maddie volunteered to do it for him. Mr. Weasley had then saw one of his Ministry pals, and ran off to talk to him. 

The matches didn't seem to be catching fire. No matter how hard she scraped, the fire wouldn't ignite. Hermione and Ginny were deep in conversation, as were Harry and Ron. 

Fred and George were watching Maddie start the fire, trying to see how this 'muggle magic' worked. 

"Hey Madeline!" George mocked, waving his hands around. Maddie shot him yet another look, and said to him, "I prefer Maddie. Only adults use Madeline." 

She turned back to Cedric. "What brings you here?" 

Cedric looked wearily at Fred and George, who each had their arms crossed and were glaring at Cedric. 
He shrugged. "I saw you hunched over the fire, and I came to ask what you're doing."

Maddie tried once more at lighting the fire. Why couldn't she do it? 

"I'm trying to light the fire for Mr. Weasley using matches." 

Cedric was confused. "Matches? Like Quidditch matches?" 

"No, they start fires, obviously." Came a voice that wasn't Maddie's. Maddie looked around and saw Ron, staring at Maddie and Cedric, taking a sip of his water as if this was the most interesting thing since the creation of Hogwarts.

"Thank you, Ron." Maddie said with a smile. She dragged the matchstick against the rough paper once more, and it didn't ignite. 

"Can I try?" Cedric asked, leaning down to Maddie's crouched down height. "Pretty boy isn't going to be able to do it." Fred muttered to George, Ron and Harry, who all snickered. 

"Oh hi Cedric!" Hermione said, finally finishing her conversation with Ginny. Cedric looked up. "You're Maddie's sister, Hermione, right?" 

Hermione blushed. "Yeah, I am." 

Maddie handed Cedric the matches, and within one swipe, the match ignited and Cedric set the logs on fire. 

"Wow, thanks Ced!"

Fred and George were shocked. "Good job, Cedric!" Hermione clapped. 

Cedric handed the matches back to Maddie. "Muggle stuff is cool." He said, before checking his watch and saying, "Oh shoot, Dad wanted me to fold the bedsheets." He stood up. 

"Bye everyone!" He said, then ran back to where he and his father had set up a tent. "Pretty boy Diggory." Fred and George muttered once again. 

Mr. Weasley came back from chatting, and smiled at the sight of the warm, crackling fire. "Well done Madeline!" 

Maddie shook her head. "It was actually Cedric Diggory who did it." 

"Did he now?" Mr. Weasley said thoughtfully. "Such a nice boy. Anyways kids, get out the sausages that we packed earlier, and we can cook them the muggle way!" He looked absolutely thrilled when he had said this. 

Maddie rummaged through the cooler that Mrs. Weasley had given them, and handed sausages wrapped in tinfoil to each person. She grabbed some roasting sticks and passed them around the campfire. Hermione took a place next to her sister as they cooked them I've the open fire. 

"So, Maddie." Hermione started. "That Cedric is pretty cute." 

Maddie almost choked on her saliva. She steadied her roasting stick with a slowly burning sausage on the end before saying, "Almost every girl thinks that."