ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ (ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ)

Omniscient

Youngjae sat still listening to Alaina's history. It was a lot to take in but he knew that she wasn't done.

Alaina had gotten up from the couch and walked to the bathroom. She was looking at herself in the mirror.

What stared back at her was a monster.

Her violet eyes were not as vibrant as they normally were. Alaina wasn't sure why but for once, she was glad. She went to turn the water on when the bracelet dangled down on her wrist.

She brought it up to her eyes to look at it. The dragon was wrapped around itself as each stone shined brightly on its body. She noticed one of the stones looked dull.

It wasn't shining like the other ones. Alaina wasn't sure why it wasn't.

She leaned her head back down and splashed water on her face.

Alaina turned to wipe her face with the towel that Youngjae allowed her to use.

Then, she heard a knock on the bathroom door, and after a reply. "Are you okay?"

Alaina sighed before opening the door revealing Youngjae standing there with a small smile on his face.

"San E is up. I talked to him and he seems a lot more stable, I think," Youngjae ended as he scratched the back of his head.

Alaina nodded and walked past Youngjae, flowing out from his bedroom and then heading to the living room. No longer laying on the floor was San E who was sitting on the couch.

He was flipping through messages on his phone when he saw both Alaina and Youngjae walking in his direction.

Once he was finished, glancing through his messages, San E placed his phone down as Alaina sat next to him. However, a bit concerned about Alaina, San E scooted.

Yet, Alaina noticed as she turned to Youngjae who was standing watching the fiasco. "You call this fine?"

Youngjae walked over and sat in the chair across from both of them. "I did say, I think. Nobody's perfect."

As Alaina was moving her arm, to place her hands on her lap, San E jumped at the gesture. Still on edge even though he was already told that Alaina wasn't a threat to him.

Nonetheless, Youngjae snickered before moving into a fit of laughter as Alaina rolled her eyes.

Finally, Youngjae composed himself while he leaned forward in the chair, waving Alaina onward to continue. "Can you finish your story?"

Alaina moved her eyes to Youngjae and then towards San E.

San E moved his hands up like he was ready to fight. To play with San E's, Alaina decided to stare deep into his eyes and flashed him with her eyes changing to violet.

Her violet eyes startled him for a moment before he finally settled and he calmed down like a scared, little puppy.

Youngjae looked on not even knowing what the fuck just happened between the two of them.

With a clearance of her throat, Alaina resumed her story.

"My mother just has given birth to the next leader of the Dragons clan. Every inch of the child was a photo image of herself and every generation that came before her. She didn't want her daughter to fall down the same path as what had happened to her. She raised her to care, to love, and treasure every moment. She saw a brighter future in her daughter. But this didn't last long. The child was bullied for being different. Like everyone who had brown, green, or blue eyes, she had violet eyes. When she got cut, some would just apply a band-aid on the area until it healed. But it was different with her daughter, who healed instantly from her injuries."