Hope

It's been hours since we got on the bus and it's starting to feel like we will never  make it . Another vehicle approaches the bus and the bus driver stops . He walks outside and has a chat with a man dressed in all black . Even his face was covered . They talk for about 5 min shake hands and the bus driver comes inside .

He says '

I'm sorry to inform you but we will have stop for few hours . We will pull in to the side of woods until the convoy line of solders passes . The gentleman that just warned us said under any circumstances do we want to run into them . Once the road is cleared he will back to let us know .  We have to stay extremely quiet so we don't attract attention. No one is getting off the bus.

And so the waiting game begins ' everyone is getting anxious min by min .  Several hours pass and you see the sun is coming up . People start asking questions'

'are we going to sit here and wait so they can just come and kill us all ? '

The bus driver kept assuring that the man in black was a friend and he can be trusted  and he will be back soon.  As I rested on my mothers shoulder I drifted off :

I can feel the sun on my face . I was somewhere in the middle of the field . So many wild flowers so many different colors . It reminded me of home and that made my heart flutter .  I wanted to stay there just for a little while so my soul can heal . But I kept hearing a voice from far far away .

' Mersi '
'Mersi '

Wake-up !  We are finally leaving
I woke up so fast that lost my breath for second . Waking up to realty that was dark and cold .
It was morning , you can see the rays of sunshine peeking through the trees . Like a sign from god that there is still good out there.

By this point everyone was alert and on their last hope to reach the border of Croatia.  As the trees begin to disappear we can see convoys Of UN parked on both sides .

As the bus approaches the border to Croatia the UN solders are aligned so perfect that it didn't even look real . They wave at the bus trying to give some comfort' hey you are safe here . As I waved back the friendly smile from one of the UN solders catches my eye . He kept waving faster and faster until I smiled back . Everything felt so brighter and lighter.

As we pass the border the bus is parked.  As everyone is getting off there is tents of people trying to direct you . What immigration camp to go to. How long will you stay and what your next move will be . There was no time to think . Just move ..... move and next

Life .... we got another chance at life!