Im just an immigrant

It's been less than 24 hours we have been placed in city called Ivanic and this is where will stay temporarily until they figure out where we will go . We were issued immigration cards that you would use for food , and even minor health care .

The camp was full due to many people coming in large amounts . We were given a place to stay with an elder lady . She had an abandoned house that was probably 200 years old . It had no electricity or running water . But we were happy ! We had a roof over our head and we were safe . The house rental fee was 100 kuna ( about $20 ) which was more than generous of her .

I kept asking my mother when will dad come . She kept changing the subject . She finally said he made it to Austria and he will not be able to come see us in a long time . But he has a job there and he's helping us now.

Tears strolled down my face I was heart broken but I understand even tho I didn't want to .

As we tried to settle in the best way we could . We had barely anything . Just some clothes in our bags . But happy we are alive .

A strange sound and car horn beeps twice it's almost midnight . Than again !
My mother jumps up in fear ! Who could it be at this time and why ?

As we all make it to the door scared to open it . A familiar voice a soft female voice

Open the door it's me ' oh god open the door

My aunt Sefi from Austria drove straight from work as soon as she found out that we have made it . She was crying hysterically. Grabbing us all one by one and then my nana her mom .

Laying her head on her chest ! Mom I thought I would never see you again . Tears of joy as one would say . My uncle grabs me in his arms gives me a big hug and tells me everything will be ok .

Few minutes pass the Hugh of excitement is settling. Another car pulls in and car horn beeps twice . Now I'm not scared ! Im excited

As I run outside and they follow me . I see a tall , dark hair man appear in the shadows . It's my dad ! I start screaming dad ' dad ' as he gets closer it's my dad's nephew. He looked just like him ! I stop and just freeze . He was in his late 20s . The resemblance was astonishing but a very much younger resemblance. When I think about it I still get the shivers.

My heart broke in a million pieces ! Even tho I knew it was impossible I still had hope .

As they helped us settle in our temporary home .  There was no running water in the house or even a bathroom. There was a outhouse attached to the back of the house . But still we were great full for making it out alive .

That night it was a very first night that I can remember that we actually slept without fear . We slept on the floor on blankets my aunt provided for us . I remember in the morning we heard birds chirping and the sun hitting the old windows .  Sadness overtook me because it reminded me that nothing will ever be same again .