4. Looking back

Aksh Roy, brought up as a single child to his parents, belonged to a slightly average than a middle class family, never had much wishes in his life. It's not because he did have any wishes, his wishes were really much minimal and not frequent...so his parents did fulfil all of his wishes.

But there was this little thing in his life, which he always treasured, and it was his friend Aadriti.

Aadriti was his very first friend in his school life...and they always stayed together...well Aadriti did stay in the house just two houses next to Aksh's.

It seemed to be his fifth birthday that year, and because Aadriti was born in the same year as him, so it was a birthday moment for her as well.

They have been family friends from very beginning, and they always used to celebrate their birthdays together. And this time specially, the parents thought of celebrating a big birthday out of station...and they finally came to a decision, of going to the beach to celebrate this event. To add to this excitement, they planned to go there by Aadriti's family's private car so that they would also enjoy the complete way in their journey.

It was almost evening to complete the packing, and finally their stuff were loaded in the car storage, ready to go, and most seemingly, Aksh and Aadriti had no bound to their excitement.

They hurried and quickly sat in the back of the car, so that no elder would interrupt their chat.

"We are gonna have so much fun in this trip! Ain't are you excited as me Aadriti?"

"OFCOURSE I am excited! And I'm way more than you are😌😌😌"

"NAH! It's me who is more excited!"

"Okay you win baba!

Both of them giggled with their childish talk.

"But Aadriti...we must always stay close to our parents and each other...it will be much of a problem to get back if we are lost😥😥"

"Don't worry buddhu! I will always find you out, no matter where and how far we are from each other."

Their hypothetical thoughts had no limits. This is what always happens if you make two over curious children sit together.

All of them were having lots of fun in their way to the coast.

The music was loud, the weather outside was of a bit stormy night, but it was still fun as all of them were accompanied.

Their enjoyment seemed limitless, but all of a sudden, their car was hit by a truck, which had its brakes failed, because the tore off wheels could not maintain friction with the wet and slippery road.

The car was bashed with the large truck. It crashed by the roadside...and it was much late when the ambulance rushed into the scene.

The people in the car had to meet an unfortunate death

All of them were taken to the nearest hospital...none of them were enough lucky to survive, except one, and as all of u have guessed it by now...yes...it was Aksh.

He survived just by a mere margin...he wouldn't have made it even if the ambulance was two more minutes late.

After that, he moved in with his grandparents, and started a new life...far away from his family and dear friend.

Twenty-one years have passed since then. Aksh had severely injured his head in that accident and so he did not remember much about neither his family nor his dear friend. The only thing he could remember was just the face of his parents, because he did find their wedding picture in his mother's old diary...which was kept under much care by his grandmother. But this could not happen in Aadriti's case, as he was not left with any picture of hers.

After this many years, he finally met his past face to face, burdened with a huge overload of memories to recover. He was stuck with fear, sorrow, anguish, pain and all sorts of feelings all at once. The world had turn black to him. He could see nothing...except of Aadriti standing in front of him.

Aksh's point of view-

I am not getting anything right in this moment. My fuckin mind has gone completely grey, with scatters of random hazy pictures...I guess these are my memories from the past.

I can see her faintly, a little girl, and I can find us together a lot of time.

Who is this girl? Why am I this much struck in the heart just to see her faint face in my memories...who is she and how are we even related?

Oh wait...I guess I remember a little!

She is-

"Recap-"

"It's you."

She still had that smile on her face."

-

"So finally you dumbass remember me huh? How dare you even forget me? I am never gonna forgive you for this one you know."

"I really don't know how this all happened...I really don't remember anything...but I don't care anymore...I finally get so see you again...I don't want anything more."

She replied with a smirk-

"Did I not tell you that I will find you no matter where and how far we are?

Anyways now that I finally found you...and you remembered who I am...I guess it's time for us to go"

I picked up my suitcase slowly, and continued after her-

"Yes let's already go to the hotel...it's already past midnight."

She gave me a strange look.

"Well now that you already have the clue of who am I...there is no need for us to go to the hotel anymore...let's head out for where I came to take you to with me."

"But where is it-"

Aadriti was still smiling...but this time her smile had a mysterious touch to itself.