𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 Ⅴ: "𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬...?"

✧

.*Author's Note*.

The dialogue will be different from the anime because I'm way too lazy to rewatch it for accuracy and put the right ones, though the context is the same... most of the time.

.

.

.

☆ . ° ₊* .:° •. ° . ☆ • . ʕʔ . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

..:* "Seriously, Gooey!" Arata exclaimed, her mouth full, "This time, our bread is so much better than before!"

Rui, who had only been taking tiny nibbles of the bread they made each day since he couldn't stomach human food, even if it was for Arata's sake, replied with a small smile.

"I'm not sure about the bread, but your speech has gotten a lot better,"

Arata giggled, "Hehe, you noticed? I've been practicing! And it helps that I actually have someone to talk to, to interact with!"

"Your vocabulary has gotten better too. Has Mother been teaching you?"

"Yup! Also, what does vo...vocal berry mean? Is it delicious?"

Rui laughed at her antics, unsure if she was serious or not.

"Your oral skills overall have improved... but why can't you say my name properly?"

"What was that, Gooey?" Arata questioned, looking up from the basket of bread they had made.

"...Nevermind," Rui sighed, "Do you think we should start moving on to making pastries?"

"R-Rui," A timid voice that belonged to the eldest 'daughter' came from behind the pair, "There are demon slayers on the mountain, attacking..."

Rui, who was working on becoming a better leader, and a better, nicer person, tried to reassure his "older sister" with a smile.

"I'll go greet them," He said, passive-aggressively.

"Ah... Mother's dealing with them right now..."

Arata, who had tuned out of the conversation up to now, perked up at the word 'mother'. While it was not official, with the whole drink-Rui's-blood ritual, Arata was more or less part of the family.

Rui noticed this and smiled at Arata reassuringly, "Arata, Ru-I mean, Gooey's going to go do some... stuff for a while. Stay put and eat, okay?"

Arata nodded.

Rui set off.

☆ . ° ₊* .:° •. ° . ☆ • . ʕʔ . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆