𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 Ⅶ: "𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝!"

☆

☆ . ° ₊* .:° •. ° . ☆ • . ʕʔ . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

..:* As soon as they were placed in one of the darkest rooms inside the Butterfly Mansion, Nezuko kicked open the door to the box, dragged a sullen Arata out, and started patting her head.

Arata was miserable. She wished she had another spare bandaid to put on her wounded heart.

Rui's death sunk in, the wave of anger washed over her, and she skipped the bargaining stage and went automatically to a depressed state.

"Mmmm, mmm..." Nezuko mumbled.

Arata curled up into a ball and placed her head on Nezuko's lap. Nezuko continued patting and stroking her hair.

Eventually, Nezuko fell asleep from all the exhausting things that happened the previous night, including unlocking her Demon Blood Art.

Arata was feeling sleepy from all the tears she shed... until she suddenly sat upright, an expression of shock on her face.

"Mew! Where - Where's Mew?" She gasped, looking right and left.

She stood up, walking around the box, keeping her eyes peeled for a furry black cat. She swung open the door to the exit of the room, in a daze of panic.

"Mew-!"

"Nezuk-oOOAAAAAAAAAAH!" Zenitsu's petrified face was in the doorway.

He collapsed on the ground, his short arm clutching his heart.

"D-D-DEEEMOOOONNNN!"

"Zenitsu!" Aoi came from the end of the hallway, angrily, "You need to take your damn medicine! Get back here!"

She dragged a quivering Zenitsu away.

"Nooo! Let go of meeee! I wanna see Nezuko-chan before I..." Zenitsu was screaming, before being dragged out of sight.

Arata blinked.

What just happened?

"Meeew?"

She stepped out of the room and into the hallway, carefully dodging a ray of sunlight peeking through one of the windows.

"Mew! Meeww!"

Walking through the hallways, and avoiding all the sunlight, she stopped in front of a room that was labeled 'kitchen'.

Back on Mount Natagumo, she had oral lessons with 'Mother', but she didn't learn how to read or spell. Though, she could roughly understand that the words in front of her probably meant food.

Due to all the crying, her nose was heavily clogged, so she couldn't smell a whiff of bread coming from inside the room. Putting her small hand on the door, she opened it and entered it.