Ch. 3 [More Lies]

Content in this chapter may be triggering to some readers: Implied Eating Disorder

I'm woken up my someone shaking my shoulder lightly. I open my eyes to find my mom smiling at me warmly. "Sweetie, we brought food for you just in case you didn't eat." i groan and sit up.

"What time is it?" i mumble as i rub the sleep from my eyes. According to my watch, the time is 7:30 on the dot. "Did i really sleep that long?" I stand up, ready to head into my room. But my mom stops me from doing so.

"Don't forget to eat sweetie." She points to the dinning room, where some McDonalds sits on the table. My stomach turns at the smell of the greasy fast food. Instead of declining, i force a cheerful smile and thank mom.

Every step to the dinner table seems long and agonizing, as if I'm wading through water. Reluctantly, i sit at my spot to the far left of the table, where the bag of food sits. Since mom and dad are sitting on the couch now, there's no way to avoid eating the meal.

///

I eventually finish the burger, but not the fries. I just gave them the excuse that they were too salty. once that's over, i have to rush to the upstairs bathroom, in fear of the food coming up.

i slam the door and collapse onto the toilet. "Damnit!" i curse as the nausea takes over me. "Keep it down!" I gag, trying to not regurgitate everything in my stomach. After battling for what feels like forever, my stomach ends up winning i end up loosing.

I'm soon hunched over the toilet, spilling my guts out.

After what feel like forever, my stomach seizes to produce anything else. I'm now left with the tight feeling of emptiness in my abdomen. The feeling is so strong, it practically hurts. The sheer exhaustion of this event forces me to lay on the tile flooring. The coolness of the floor does revive some of the tension.

After a few more minutes of just living there, i force myself to get up and flush the toilet.

when i go to wash my hands, i turn the hot water all the way up. Once it's steaming, i hold my hands under the scalding water until it almost feels cold. With my hands numb i turn off the water and dry them.

Once I've calmed my breathing, i look in the mirror and smile. Just another lie to add to the ever-growing list.

Someone knocks on the bathroom door, making me jump. "Are you okay Jason?" my little brother asks through the wooden door.

I wipe the sweat off my palms and turn the nob to open it. I look down and see Jackson holding his Pikachu stuffed animal. "Thanks buddy." i kneel down and nuzzle his hair. "I'm okay." But he frowns.

"But i herd you throwing up!" He holds his right arm out to show me his hospital band. "What if you're sick like me?"

My throat closes up at the pureness of my little brother. I just smile and say, "I'm fine bud. Don't you worry. Some sleep will fix me right up, okay?"

He nods sadly and walks to his room down the hall. "Nighty!" He waves and closes his door.

i sigh sadly. You idiot. Don't drag your brother into this! Fucking dumbass. Tears well up in my eyes, thinking of what could happen to him if this whole thing came out.

He would be sad, probably even guilty he didn't help. That kid cares too much about me for his own good. He shouldn't.

I'm brought back to reality by the sound of my mom walking up the stairs. I quickly dry my eyes and wave at her "happily".

"Good night mom." I smile at her, so I don't raise any type of alarm. "See you tomorrow morning."

///

-CHAPTER END-

674 words

Song: Misery Meat
Artist: Sodikken