A Past And A Present

~Evie~

"Well, I can trust you once you've stopped sneaking boys into your room at night." Dad raised an eyebrow.

I blushed.

"Oh, yes. Don't think I'd forgotten about that one Evie. Sure, It's different now. But, that does not mean you can do it again."

I knew he was talking about Troy. Troy was my boyfriend for exactly a year and six months in counting. I did not miss him at all, because after a while, he started to become someone that I did not want to see myself with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-A Year And Three Months Ago- Evie

I knew that being with Troy was something that I had to get used to. I knew that when I met him. I knew that when I began dating him. But, considering that it had only been a month since mom had died, and he was still being an ass to me, I knew that I had to end the relationship sooner or later.

"Hey, Ev. Get me some juice." Troy laid himself on my couch—my own couch, in my own home, without even taking his shoes off—And ordered things from me, as always.

I was used to this sort of treatment. After begging him to stop around my father, I finally got to him. He only treated me kindly around my father now, because he knew that my father would beat him to the ground if he saw how  my own boyfriend treated me.

As always. dad got home around seven p.m., and me and troy were fighting.

"Hey, hey, hey! What in the hell is going on, here?!" Dad exclaimed, pulling us apart.

Troy was accusing me of cheating. That was exactly what was going on. He was accusing me of cheating, when I had caught him texting another girl.

The ass didn't even apologize. He didn't admit that he was cheating on me. He only turned the whole situation on me, instead, and acted as If  were the one cheating.

What a narcissist!

After Troy "apologized" to me for his behavior and left, I spoke to my dad. I told him the truth about everything, because I knew that mom's death had taken it's toll on him just as well as I. I knew that he was putting on a strong face for his only daughter. I knew this because he was my father, and I could tell almost everything about him.

We were struggling. I was in it deep with Troy, and my grades were not doing so well. A C- was not going to pass with my dad. He always liked good grades. I could not disappoint him, now.

After a year and three months of dating Troy, I did begin to see a drastic change in the way that he talked to other women around me. He would first talk down to them, and then he would tell them that they looked disgusting.

After a while, he started doing the same things to me.

And, after about two weeks of this, he began to get violent.

Every single time that I would come to his house to visit or anything, he would be with a girl. He would tell me that she was always just a "friend", but I could see right through him. I began to ask him questions about their friendship, and after he had had enough, he would smack me across the arm.

Things began to get worse when I woke up so sore from his slaps the next day, I could barely move my arms. And, then he went to the legs. When I did something that upset him, he would punch my legs, as if he were easily punching his punching bag at the gym. My legs would be so sore for a week at the least, and I had bruises everywhere. I started to have to wear extra clothing so that my father would not see the abuse I was getting from the man.