Chapter 2: Following the inky road

Terra quickly jumped out of the demon ink's attack range, figuring that this creature can only do close range attacks.  As the keyblade wielder had gained his distance, he pointed his keyblade directly towards the ink creature.

"Fira!"

A powerful fireball was created on the tip of his keyblade.  Within the second of its creation, the powerful fireball was launched towards the ink creature's direction.

The ink creature noticed the fireball, seeming surprised for the briefest of moments before managing to avoid getting hit by having the ink around him suddenly cover its body.

This barrier of ink allowed the creature to be protected from the blast of the fireball Terra threw at him. 

The keyblade wielder noticed this and quickly tried to close in, attempting to land a hit on the ink creature while it can't see him due to the barrier of ink it created for itself.

'If I can land just one hit, it should be enough to finish this thing.  But in order to do that, I'll need to wait for an opening.  Once I see this creature lower that ink barrier, I'll strike.'

As Terra thought of this strategy of attack, he began to think about the ink creature.  He had never seen anything like it.

'This thing isn't like the heartless or the unverse.  Could it be a nobody? No.  They haven't appeared since Xehanort and his Organization were beaten.'

While Terra was trying to figure out what exactly the creature he was currently facing is, the ink creature eventually lowered its large ink barrier covering him.

Terra noticed this and quickly swung his keyblade at it with everything he had, trying to end this battle with one swing.

As his keyblade was about to connect with the ink creature's body, he felt something strong hit his back all of a sudden.

"Huh?!"

As the keyblade wielder hit the inky ground, he turned around and for a brief moment he saw the old keyblade master.

'Xehanort?!'

Terra was confused yet angry when he saw him but these feelings would turn to just confusion once he blinked.

He closed his eyes just once before seeing that what was Xehanort was in fact a bit of rubble from the rooftop.

This left him puzzled as to why he saw Xehanort instead of the rooftop itself.

'What is going on?'

As the keyblade wielder questioned this, he realized that the floor of ink was consuming him.

'I need to get out of here and quick!'

Terra with all of his strength moved the broken roof top off of him before attempting to free himself from the ink.

He moved around as fast as he could, trying to get out of the ink yet he was sinking in faster than before.

This caused him to move around quickly with a bit of panic before his efforts were in vain as he ended up being consumed by the ink.

'Am I really going to lose this easily...?' Terra thought as he saw nothing but darkness.  For a moment, he felt hopeless once again only to hear a faint voice.

"Don't give up, Terra."

'M-Master Eraqus...?'

Hearing the voice of his master allows Terra to pull out his keyblade from the dark ink he was in before being able to shine everything away.