Chapter 8: Ink to the darkness

Ventus and Henry turned towards a door that was originally closed, realizing that perhaps the attacker that had kidnapped Boris had gone this way.

As the two went into said door, they noticed that there seemed to be a ride of sorts with the wall in front of them being Turn Back.

The two were a bit hesitant to continue forward though they realized that the door they had gone through had closed, all the while the ride seemed to be ready to start moving.

The two turned towards their left to see the door that the ride will head towards having a skull like head shape.

There was a bad feeling as well as a dark aura coming from the door, however it seemed like they will have to go through in order to save Boris from whatever the kidnapper wants with him.

Ventus looked behind the first seat at the front of this roller coaster to see another seat at the very back.

"I'll sit in the back." Ventus said before heading to the back seat. Henry nodded at this and sat in the front.

Once the two sat down, the roller coaster began moving on its own. As it was moving towards the door, a voice could be heard speaking to them.

"And now, the ride truly begins, Henry, boy with the key. Come in, and pretend it's all just a bad dream."

As Alice Angel spoke, Ventus and Henry looked around and noticed how the ride seems to be taking the two to what seems like a dungeon.

As they were approaching a grave, a ghost poster appeared right from behind the gravestone.

Despite the atmosphere being full of danger, the two remained silent as they continued to hear her speak:

"It's a funny thing. How so much can fall apart so fast. We never really had control at the studio. Either you in someone's pocket, or you were putting someone into yours. I just wanted what was promised to me. I just wanted to be beautiful! Surely you can understand that."

"..." Henry remained silent since he had no response to that. Ventus was also pretty speechless since he knows that Alice was more directly speaking towards Henry.

"Henry...why are you here? We're all dying to find out. Do you just enjoy the terror of the drop into hell? Because if that's the case..."

"Where's Boris?!" Ventus spoke out.

"Oh, worried for him? That's sweet."

"Tell us where he is." Henry said, backing the keyblade wielder up.

"Oh, that's a little surprise, one that we have for you, just you wait and see."

"Answer the question! Where's Boris?!"

Without a response, both Henry and Ventus got off the ride as it started to go around the room.

As they do this, Ventus stopped on his tracks as he felt a strong dark presence around him.

Henry took note of this, prompting him to ask:

"What's wrong?"

"...there's someone here...a dark presence..."

At first Ventus thought that perhaps this was Vanitas considering how he's still lingering around, something that does bother him.

That was his thought for a brief moment before focusing on the darkness, sensing that it was different from him.

"We need to be on guard." Ventus said as he was ready for a fight, sensing that darkness grew by the second.

After a moment, the two saw the ride they were in get suddenly lifted before being thrown towards a wall.