Chpt 10 Make it Double

Kunikida opens the door to find a young, short haired blonde woman in an all black suit. She seemed very surprised at the sudden opening of the door. She looked rather shy but there was something off about her. "Just how long did you plan on standing here, come inside already"Kunikida says, irritated. She just nodded and headed inside.

.

.

"You're a lady as ephemeral and elegant as a lotus blossom,would you be willing to commit double suicide--" Dazai said but was cut off by a punch to the face from Kunikida "YIAH"he yelped as he the floor. The loud noise alerted Atsushi as he walked from the closet rubbing his eyes,with the miniature tiger following closely behind. "Yare Yare,why are you all so loud...Ah!-" Atsushi looks over to see Dazai being dragged into a dark room by Kunikida. "Apologies for the disturbance, don't worry, please disregard what just happened. Please continue.''Kunikda says, slamming the door behind them. Loud banging and yells could be heard coming from there. Everyone stared at the door with worried looks plastered on their faces. "Regarding my request,"The woman says, turning back to the siblings. "Y-yes?" They say in unison still worried about the previous situation. 'Wow, she's able to carry on as if everything was normal.''Everyone thought. Atsushi quickly walked over and sat down, Kaiyō ran and hopped into his lap. "Well it seems there's recently been a group of distasteful people loitering around in back alley's of my company's building.''The blonde woman begins to explain. "And by distasteful you mean..?" Tanizaki questions. "They appear to be dressed in rags. Some of them have been heard speaking in a foreign tongue.''She explains, looking slightly pitiful. A door is heard opening and out of it come Kunikida and Dazai,laying on the floor.

"They..must be smugglers or some such.''Kunikida says as he closes the door in Dazai's face. "The military police may police all they want, but they keep multiplying like rats on a ship. They are unavoidable in a port town." he says. "...Right. If we had some evidence that they were running afoul of the law, we'd be able to reach out to the military police."the woman says while looking down. "...So you want us to stake out the place and get that evidence." Atsushi butts in, which in turn directs everyone's attention to him. "..Yes, it'd be a great help to us since the military police won't help otherwise." The woman says. "Alright, brat," Kunikida says. Atsushi looked up immediately, it seemed he was already accustomed to his odd nickname. "You'll go." "WHAT!?-" Atushi yelled in shock. " W-why do I have to- I'm not even-" he stuttered in protest. "It's a simple stakeout job. Besides, smugglers are mostly harmless. They're usually only good at making a break for it. It's perfect for your first job." Kunikida wasn't letting Atsushi get off with sleeping that easily. "B-But-" "Tanizaki go with him"Kunikida orders. "If he's going then I'm going too!"Naomi giggled as she hugged her brother.

....Note:..No sleeping on the Job...

POV: Atsushi Nakajima.

Placing the camera into its holder, I shook with nervousness for my first job. I would much rather stay in and do paperwork than this but I want to make Dazai-san proud. He recommended me so I have to do my best. 'You got this Atsushi, you're just taking some pictures of thugs, nothing bad will happen.' I was visibly trembling but did my best to assure myself things would be okay, besides having a goal in mind can shift your focus on something positive. "You're shaking pretty hard there Atsushi-kun, you might cause an earthquake" Dazai jokes as he stands up from his desk. Removing the headphones from his head, Dazai walks over to me and pinches my cheeks

. "Eh- wot er oo ooing" (Eh-what are you doing?)My words were messed up but my nervousness slowly washed away. "For some reason your cheeks are really chubby, it's like any fat you did get went straight to your cheeks."Dazai says as he moves his hands in circles."Woah! They're so stretchy and soft!". I was beyond confused but I think that's why I like Dazai-san so much. His personality is weird but I like his presence and he makes me feel loved.. 'This actually feels nice.'I thought. Dazai then stopped abruptly and stared at me as if there was something on me. Before I can ask anything he moves his hand to my neck causing me to stiffen slightly. "That scar..how-" I quickly pushed away before he could finish. Grabbing my coat and hat as I prepare to leave. "...Sorry I should probably hurry up,I don't want the other's to wait for me" I said as I ran out the office door.