13*The Wedding Ring {pt.3} (Concerts and Miscommunications)

Chapter Thirteen ::: Concerts and Miscommunications.

{*UNEDITED*}

It's six O'clock when I get a call from Ella. She greets me, a little hesitant, but I ask her why she's calling on a Saturday night.

"It's kind of a long story," she explains.

"I have time." I say.

"That's the thing. I'm kind of in a rush," she stops speaking.

"So? You can tell me why you called. It's too late to hang up now." I smile.

She sighs. "Okay, so last week, I bought these really expensive concert tickets. Two of them. And I was planning on taking my best friend, Avery, but she canceled last minute and I have nobody to take so I'm calling you and I just think that it'd be a good idea if-"

I interject her rambling, "Wait, you want me to go to a 'really expensive concert' with you?"

"Yeah. . .?" Ella sort of makes it sound like a question.

"Well, I don't know," I tease. "I'm not really into that kinda thing. I kind of hate concerts."

Ella gasps, "Oh, jeez, I'm sorry. . . Well I guess I'll have to-"

Chuckling, I interrupt her again. "Ha! I'm just messing with you! I'd love to go. What time?"

She breaths a huge sigh of relief. "I was hoping you'd say that." she pauses, and then answers my time question. "Now."

As soon as she stops talking, I hear a couple knocks at my door. I'm pretty confused, wondering who could be knocking on my door.

"Sorry, hold on, Ella," I make my way to the door, and swing it open, greeted with someone dressed in a cute red dress and black shoes.

"That was fast," I widen my eyes, hanging up the phone.

"Sorry. . . I had no other choice. And plus I didn't want to, like, give the ticket to some random stranger." Ella smiles at me, putting her phone in a little black pocket-book. "So, are you ready?"

I'm quite stunned, but laugh. "Yeah." I grab my keys from my table, pull my jacket on, and follow Ella out into the parking lot.

"Who are we going to see?"

Ella walks towards he little silver car. "Uh, I hope The Black Keys suits your music taste. . ."

I try to think of a band by the name The Black Keys, but I can't seem to remember ever hearing of them. "I hope so, too." I say. "I guess I'll just follow you, then?" I ask.

Ella turns on her car, her window rolled down. She nods with a small grin before rolling up the window.

* * * *

The concert starts twenty-minutes late, and me and Ella are forced to push through a large crowd to get back to our spot. We had decided to go get a drink at the bar while we were waiting, but now that we're elbowing our way to our spots, it didn't seem like the best idea.

"THIS IS SO COOL!" Ella yells when we finally get to our original spots.

"YEAH!" I hoist my drink in the air, careful not to spill it, as we both dance to the first song.

The lead singer is pretty bad-ass and he can really shred the guitar he's holding.

"HOW WILL WE GET HOME?" Ella asks as the first song fades out. She looks at my drink, then hers, before I reply, "TAXI!"