chapter one: stones

After the events of the finale of Amphibia, I am a complete mess. So here is a fic that maybe they reunite again?

_________

Anne ended her shift working at the museum. She set a frog down in its enclosure, locking up for the night. This night was not like many others, for 10 years ago, her life changed forever.

She was greeted by Sasha and Marcy, who both wore outfits that reflected their personalities and lives made in Amphibia. With a solemn smile, Anne made her way celebrating her 23 birthday. She was gifted a necklace similar to that of her gemstone and the costume she wore while harnessing all the power from the blue calamity gem. That of course was by Sasha. While Marcy gifted her a plushies made to look just like her found frog family. Both gifts meant a lot to her, especially on such a big milestone following the great events.

The memories of that day still haunt her dreams and her reality.

______________

As Sasha and Marcy walked ahead on the way to a karaoke place, the three passed a shop. The same shop where Anne stole the music box. She stopped, her eyes planted on where the box once stood. The two others took notice of this. The place now closed and abandoned as the owner had passed five years prior.

"Man, what fools were we to steal something back then." Sasha chuckles. "Although, it did lead up to some great memories though, huh?"

"Yeah, oh wait!" Marcy pauses her initial train of thought as a new theory came into play. "Anne you mentioned that you went to the Bizarre Bazaar correct?"

"What about it?"

"Well you were being sold other artifacts that held gems similar to the music box. What if there are other gems?"

"What? Marc, how can there be more if we were the ones in the prophecy?" Sasha questions.

"Think of it like this. If I actually carried out moving away, there would have needed to be another way for us to find these stones. Or there was the chance I moved and someone else had to fill in the prophecy instead. Like those who lived on the other planets."

"That's a huge theory to think on Marcy. I mean, Mother Olm even said it was only us who would have been able to hold the power. Maybe they were just an alternative if the box broke." reasons the Thai woman. "That or they were meant to deceive anyone trying to steal the gems in the first place."

"I'm not much of a theorist but you might be onto something. There could be stones in the other universes that we are meant to use if they're in danger. I wonder if there is another set on earth, since the ones we used were from Amphibia." Sasha chimes in.

So that'd mean they would go back. After ten years they could maybe visit their found families. How would they react? They've grown so much. Change was inevitable after the grand finale fighting the core.

Though all this came to an abrupt stop when a bright light illuminated the corner in the back of the shop.

"What the what?" The three all stared confused. Well, there was no other way of finding out until breaking in themselves. Which scarily enough was an easy task. The three turned the corner after entering the door that in bold red letters states "EMPLOYEES ONLY."

And what they saw was unnerving.

It was a letter, on the same paper Leif Plantar would have written on. Though the ink was not invisible.

"For one last adventure. Say hello to everyone one last time, Calamity Trio."

-signed o.O

Who? Who would know of such a thing? And have such accurate timing like before? Maybe there was danger again and the trio had to help. Or they were really just given a chance to say hell again and not worry about the near tragedy that came along with it.

There it was, a shard of a blue gem, a green gem, and a pink gem. Something was different about these shards. Unlike the ones that brought the girls home, these ones glowed brighter and stronger. Maybe this was so it powered so it made two trips. And if it did, that meant...

"Roadtrip!!" cheered Marcy as she squealed of joy. "These gems were constructed for the use of two trips. Meaning we can take a vacation. We'll have to plan this accordingly. Have a set time we leave and return. And this time maybe get ready and tell people if you know what I'm saying."

"Mar-Mar and I are up for it, how about you Anne? We don't have to go if you don't feel up for it. I know it'll be difficult to leave again, but it will also be nice to see how much Amphibia has grown with your influence."

"Thanks Sash." Anne smiles. She contemplated on wither or not she wanted to go. She really did want to, but saying goodbye might be twice as hard. Nevertheless, she did deserve to get a break from work for a while. "Okay, I'll go."

The three set out to pack their bags, say goodbyes, and make their way to their home away from home.

See you soon, Sprig. Spranne against the world once more.