chapter five: never leave

Woah almost 300 views? Thank you :)

I might not update for a few weeks after this. I'll have bad service whilst travelling !!

_____________________________________________

"Okay, okay so-" Anne begins. "me destroying the moon revealed this crazy land that's been underwater for centuries?"

"There's so many new plants!" Sprig smiles, showing off his journal. He had studied the new plants he had found, noting their characteristics and how they behaved. Anne's old room was a huge study. Filled with information about almost everything in Amphibia. Anne had made note walking in of the pictures he kept of the two together years ago.

"Which one of them is your favorite?" the woman asks

"Hmm.. I'd have to say these ones." the pink frog reveals a picture of a flower taken on Anne's old phone that looks similar to a sunflower, however, it contained the colors of pink, green, and blue. "They reminded me of you, Sasha, and Marcy. Almost as if the flowers had calamity power in them in a way."

"They look beautiful, Sprig. Did Ivy like them too?" Anne's eyes flashed blue as she got a better look at the blue petals. Sprig caught wind of this.

"Y-yeah she did..." he trails off. He knew the gems were shattered and the only pieces left were on Earth. So how in the name of frog did her eyes turn blue again. 

"When you had your calamity powers, your eyes were blue, right?" 

"They were. Why do you ask?"

"Because they flashed blue. Just now as you were looking at the picture."

"They did? How odd. Maybe there's still some calamity power scattered around here." Anne reasons. "We should probably ask Hop Pop about that."

"He did study the music box with Valeriana for a while, so at least we can find a lead."

The two go to Hop Pop's study. Due to his age- being 78, nearly 80 now- It became more difficult for the elder Plantar to get around. Sure he had many methods of doing so, but he preferred to just accept his fate, as he knew his family could stay safe. Still, it did not stop his worry from consuming him once Sprig and Anne rushed into his room in a panic. 

"What's up with you two? Looks like you saw a ghost!" he exclaims. The woman looks worriedly at her adoptive brother as he urges her to continue talking.

"My eyes, they flashed blue again. Just like when I held the calamity powers. I don't know if there's some weird magic residue in the air or because of seeing that weird flower Sprig discovered. Maybe you know something about it?"

"I feared this time would come again. Something similar."

"Wait you did?" Sprig questions

"Yes, for some time now I questioned what would happen if Anne came back now. And once she did, I knew my theory would come true." Hop Pop begins. 

"The calamity powers came from the deity, who holds all three powers together. They are the only one who is currently worthy of such. Although, even they cannot hold all the power at once. It was hidden within out nature and environment. This is why we have such drastic occurrences here. Most of the power what hidden on less populated land. However, once the moon was set into place by the Core, much of that land was drowned by water. Once the land was uncovered again, the magic stayed."

"Kind of like it was frozen in time." Anne remarks.

"Precisely. Now, I don't think it'll do much harm to any of you girls if you get back some of it's power. Though I can't confirm you'll be safe afterwards."

"And if that's the case..." Sprig turns to Anne, hugging her tight. The two had grown so much since they last hugged. Both grew, aged, and changed. Even with this, the meaning behind this hug was the same as before. "Just, don't leave us again, okay? Going back to Earth is fine, but you've already done so much. We'll find another way, promise?"

A small smile forms around the Thai girl's face, "You got it buddy. I promise."

After the brief meeting, Polly joined the crew. She had just gotten back from helping move the luggage to a small motel that was built in Wartwood. It was many years since she last saw the trio, so she used that chance to impress them (even if they didn't see it). 

Right as she stepped into the room, she felt the ominous aura of everyone.

"What adventure is it this time?"

________________________________________

This feels so short, apologizes !! Once I'm back I'll attempt to get out a longer chapter. Thanks for reading my one not purposefully bad fanfiction on here !!