chapter four: overcome

Sorry I haven't written in a bit !! I've been caught up in testing and I have finals coming up.. Thanks for everyone who is reading this so far though :)

Andrias was performing his typical farming duties when he heard Joe caw out. He planted Barrel's Warhammer- which he used as a cane- firmly in the ground. He used his hand to shield his eyes from the sun and catch a glimpse of why the bird was flying to close. Suddenly, everything became clear. 

Joe lands a distance away from Andrias, near the outskirts of his garden. A now tall Taiwanese-American girl stood before him with longer hair and a caring smile on her face.

"Hey Andrias, Yunan and Olivia said you'd be here." she states as she approached her old mentor.

"Hi kiddo, what are you doing here? I thought the gems where destroyed." Andrias looks down at her with a bit of confusion. He uses his cane to sit himself down on the ground to properly speak to the girl. 

"Yeah I thought that too. That was until Anne, Sash, and I found some Calamity shards. One of Anne's friends built a portal that'll last us a while so we can stay here and visit."

"Calamity shards? I thought you were just gifted one to go home?"

"I thought that too. Maybe we have unresolved work to get done." Marcy looks down to her feet and takes a deep breath in. "I know at least between each other, there's some questions that need answers. We didn't exactly get that sort of time after fighting the Core."

"I apologize for not telling you sooner of the prophecy. Or really anything for that matter. I played into your fantasy as if the one my father implemented never existed. It was wrong. I remember my father wanting me to end you from the moment you came into the castle, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. He said a lot of things that in the end would harm you. In the end, I couldn't bring myself to hurt someone."

"I met you father, in my mind." Marcy admits "He didn't seem like the kind of newt who would be willing to compromise and think of how his actions affected you. It doesn't justify what you did, however there is a reason behind it."

"Thank you for understanding, Marcy," the former king smiles, "Now tell me, what have you been up to on Earth?"

"Oh well you wouldn't believe it! I did actually move but I pursued my dream and became a web comic artist. Basically I draw comics for a series I made and a bunch of people from all over the world read it!" Marcy excitedly tells.

"That sounds great. What is your story about?"

"It's somewhat of a retelling of what happened here in Amphibia, but the gang end up in this fantasy world where magic exists. And the main character- her name is Liv-  finds out she's the chosen one from this weird prophecy that showed a painting of her in it. They go on all these wacky adventures but along the way find out mysteries and stories of the past."

"I would love to read it someday, it sounds very interesting. I'm sure that's just a fraction of what you have done or planned."

"Correct! I was working on this story while I was staying at the castle."

"Oh I remember now. Last you had shown, Liv had seen that she isn't who she thought she was."

"Sheesh, you really are behind. Well, I do have my series downloaded on my phone so we can read it here!" Marcy grins. It was great being able to show off her passions again.

While in Amphibia, Marcy had taken the time to finally dive deep into exploring her fantasy world with her own characters. She couldn't find much of a story while at home, though a fresh start like the new planet helped her think of ideas. Even more came to mind after she returned to Earth. She wanted a way to tell her story of what happened without actually outright saying it did. Of course, as her personality entails, she had to add lots of dramatization and a creative way to tell her life. 

Her story had elements of her own prophecy, Darcy, magic powers, and a mentor who becomes the villain though is redeemed. That final part was something she held close. She knew Andrias turned evil, but his intentions were caused by his father. I mean, he didn't even want to end her. And that's saying a lot if he dealt with the voices of the Core, especially his father, yelling at him to follow their orders. It was kind of him in the end.

"So, how are Anne and Sasha doing? I presume they're with their families?"

"Yep! Sasha's with Grime and Anne's with the Plantars."

"We should invite all of them for a dinner at some point. It will be everyone together again. And this time, we'll all be friendly."

"That sounds like a great idea, I'll come back once we have something set up to deliver the info! It was nice catching up with you, Andrias." Marcy waves, backing away and jumping onto Joe Sparrow's back again. "I'll be back soon, but I figure it'll be a good idea to say hello to everyone else."

"Alright then. See you around, kiddo." 

And with that, Marcy flies back to Wartwood to formally catch up with her friends from the castle again.

________________

Hello !! This was sort of rushed but a ton of people read this (more than I expected) and I'm just in awe. Last story that went well for me was a cringe oneshots book I did in when I was 12. 

At this point, the Owl House finished it's season two finale last week, so I should maybe have a tad more time to try and get these out as well :)