chapter 1: awaken, and another world

We go to see an old man and a 15 year old girl fidgeting while staring at the old man.

God: time to rip off the old band-aid, Im sorry to say your dead. I was throwing some lightning around and accidentally dropped a bolt on you.

God: the guilt is really eating me up.

Girl: I s-see

God: what was it again? Mitsuki?

May: Mitsuki, mistuki may.

God: ah, yes. Mitsuki may of course. Sorry if this makes you uncomfortable. But I read your file on life, you seem to be timid and nervous when socializing.

May: y-yeah its true.

God: alright, though I have to say, your taking the news surprisingly well. I was preparing to be chewed out a little.

May: well there isn't any point in complaining since it wont bring me back.

God: I see, that's very mature of you.

May: so, what happens next? Heaven or hell? Which way are you sending me?

God: oh, no. perish the thought! This was my fault, and I will gladly take responsibility for it. You'll be resurrected in a moment, don't worry about that. But....

May: hm?

God: I can certainly restore you to life, but I can not simply place you back where you came from. There are rules to this kind of thing, you understand? Once again, allow me to profusely apologize for this unfortunate situation...now on to the point.

May: go on?

God: it is possible to grant you life in a different world. A chance to begin anew, so to speak. Of course ill understand if you dont like this idea, but-

May: i-it sounds good to me!

God: it does?

May: *nods head* if that's how it has to be, then so be it. Im just glad to be able to live again.

God: I see, you surely would have been a great person if you had stayed down there. Is there anything you need in your next life? Anything you want?

May: well t-there is 2 things I want.

God: what is it?

May: I want to be kurumi tokisaki from date a live, if that's not to much trouble? I also want to make it where it doesn't run on my own time.

God: its no trouble at all.*grants wish*

May: and for my second, I want to be able to use my smartphone.

God: that'll be easy but you wont be able to contact with your old world so ill tweak things up to match the world you'll go to.

May: thank you.

God: no problem, now ill give you a boost in your stamina, reflexes and so forth. Along with an affinity for using magic. Now off you go.

A light suddenly glowed and may was no longer on a cloud but on a grassy field.

[May pov]

I came to my senses, lying on my back and gazing up at the sky. The clouds were floating on gently by, and I could hear the birds chirping in the distance. I clambered to my feet, noticing my body didn't hurt at all. As I surveyed my surroundings, I took note of mountains and grassy plains all around me. I could see a large tree in the distance. Plus, I thought I could make out a large road next to it as well.

There's no mistaking it, I was in another world.

May: Guess ill just walk the road and see if I run into anyone.