chapter 5: quest succeeded

After leaving the dukes manor we headed towards the viscounts manor.

Yae: eh? The letter you were asked to deliver was to count swordrick, it was?

Oops, have not told yae yet? I curiously met yae's startled gaze as the wagon swayed us side to side.

May: do you know him?

Yae: do I know him? He's the very man I mentioned before, he is. The one who helped my father in the past, he is the very man im here to meet, he is!

Huh, that was huge coincidence. Small world after all.

We soon came upon the viscounts manor as we were instructed by the duke, once we got there we gave zanac's name to the gatekeeper he said he would arrange the viscount to meet us. Before long we were led into the building, where a man I took to be the butler led us to the parlor room.

I had noticed that compared to the duke's mansion this seemed a bit small but it felt comfortable to be in. Thoughts kept running through my head until out came a red haired hero of a man. This guy...was strong. Even with the clothing covering it you could tell he had a muscular build, he had sharp eyes like that of a hawk stalking its prey.

Viscount swordrick: my name is Carlossa Galune Swordrick. Are you the messengers zanac sent?

May: we are, we're here to deliver this letter to you upon his request. We were also asked to receive a response from you to take back with us.

I handed him the tube containing zanac's letter from my shadow, the girls seemed surprised by this, I really do need to explain later. The viscount took the letter and opened it as he began to read its contents.

Viscount Swordrick: wait here a moment. I shall write a reply.

As he left a maid came in and began to serve us tea, though I wanted to ask for coffee I decided to at least get over my dislike for it and drank a bit. I then looked over the girls and started to speak.

May: I know you have questions, I promise to answer them when we're done here. I promise.

Elize:*sighs* fine, but no flaking out got it?

May: got it.

After our little talk the viscount came back and the maid left....nooooooo!

Viscount Swordrick: sorry to have kept you.

He had a sealed letter in his hand as he passed it to me.

Viscount Swordrick: alright, please give this to zanac. Also, hold on a moment. Before you go.....

His gaze then fell onto yae.

Viscount Swordrick: I've been wondering since I've first laid on you...have we....no, I don't think we've ever met before. Still....what is your name?

The viscount tilted his head like he was trying to remember something, yae looked straight at him and gave her name.

Yae: my name is kokonoe yae; daughter of kokonoe jubei, I am.

Viscount Swordrick:...kokonoe...oh, Kokonoe! I see. So your jubei's daughter!

The viscount slapped his knee, let out a broad smile, and gave yae a once over with a happy expression on his face.

Viscount Swordrick: yep. There's no mistaking it. Your the spitting image of nanae. Im just glad you take your looks from your mother and not your old man!

The viscount laughed as though he had suddenly been put in a good mood, and yae simply smiled without a word.

May: uh...how do you know yae...?