chapter 3: the more the merrier

Today we were at the guild looking for a quest. The quests varied a lot and we had just gotten promoted to purple rank, the receptionist, now named luna, told us about the now more available quests we could take.

Though they are still dangerous, so we'll need to keep our guard up. I then take a look at a certain quest.

May: northern....ruins....hunting....quest mega....slimes?

I was finally able to somewhat read some letters and words thanks to fabulous linze sensei!! Anyways a quest like this was 8 silver coins, that'd mean it we'd have 2 silver coins saved up, And the rest would be split between us which would be a great way to have travel funds. Talking about clothes I changed mine to a more this world fashion, I had visited zanak and he gave me some for a good price.

May: hey, how about this one?*points at slime quest*

Elize/linze: absolutely not!!

Eh?

Elize: those things dissolve clothes you know? We're definitely! Not going there!

That'd be....kind of hot....I then spot a quest to deliver a message to the royal capital, from whom its from was a familiar name. It was zanac, the one who gave me the clothes and ride to town, since I still kinda owe him might as well.

May: then how about this one? This one's from someone I know so it shouldn't be a problem.

Elize: hmm, alrighty then. Go get this checked at the receptionist.

I then headed to luna who I figured was the one who kept staring at me the whole time, she stopped when she heard us taking a quest and looked more professional. Geez this women is dangerous.

May: h-hey luna, we came to get the ok and any further info on this quest.

Luna: sure, this quest is commissioned for purple adventurers which is right in your alley. But the road to the capital is quite long and dangerous, there hasn't been any bandit sightings though so that's good, but you will encounter stray monsters though not many, they're usually weak so you'll be fine.

May: then we'll take it.

Luna: good, then quest accepted. Do make your careful, I don't want a scratch on that body of your ok~?

May:*blush* s-sure.

I walk back to the girls while getting rid of my blush, but I catch them looking at luna with a weird look on their faces. Wonder what's up?

May: we got accepted to take the quest, but lets rent a wagon first. Don't want to walk all the over there.

Elize: right...

Linze:*nods*

Eh? Why the short response? Anyway we then headed to where zanac's shop is and there we were instructed on who to give the letter to.

Zanac: for this job, I would like you to viscount swordrick in the capital. If you mention my name, he should know what's it about. I would also like you to return with a response from the viscount.

May: is it an urgent matter?

Zanac: wouldn't exactly call it urgent, but it'd be problematic if you left it for too long.

He then got a stamp and signed the insignia on the rolled up letter.

Zanak: also, here are your travel expenses. I might have included a bit too much, but you don't have to return what's left over. You may use the spare change to go sightseeing around the capital, if you'd like!

We left the shop after that and headed to get a carriage, food for the road, and headed back to the inn to retrieve anything we might need for the trip. Another hour later and we were ready to set off.