chapter 2: sign up for a quest

I woke up do to the alarm on my phone, so I groggily got up and looked outside the window.

May: I guess it wasn't a dream huh?

I got myself ready and headed down stairs, elize and linze were already there and were having breakfast. I ordered some scrambled eggs and some sausages along with some juice and bread. I basically made a breakfast sandwich! What a great way to start the day.

Once we finished we said goodbye to micah and headed towards the guild. To be honest im kinda nervous on what kind of guild this is, since some in anime were nice but in others were really disturbing.

But my fears were immediately eased when we entered, we headed to the counter where we were greeted by the receptionist.

Female receptionist: welcome to the adventurers guild. How may I help you?

May: u-um w-we want to r-register as adventurers.

Female receptionist: that's not a problem at all, would that be three for registration then?

May: y-yes.(god dam its taking all I have to not loook and have a nose bleed)

Female receptionist: will this your first time registering with the guild? If so, I can provide a basic explanation on what it means to register with us.

May: please do.

The explanation was pretty simple, people would form groups called party's and take on quest that were issued by their ranks.

The 3 of us proceed to go up to the guild board and look for a quest, but there's a slight problem with me though...I dont know how to read!!

Elize: hey check this out! Its a request to kill 5 horned wolves! The quest is easy and it has a good reward.

Linze: yeah it's a good quest to start on.

Elize: what do you think may?

May: uh, um. T-to be honest with you I don't know how to read or write.

Elize: what! Are trying to say your illiterate?!

May:*nods shyly*

Linze: then lets pick this one since it seems like those weapons you used were far ranged you'll be with me.

May: th-thanks l-linze.

Elize: okie dokie, ill take this to the receptionist!

Elize then. Came back and we headed out but not before I said goodbye to the receptionist which in return she winked at me while licking her lips...*gulp* im in danger...

But anyways, we headed back to the inn to get our stuff ready. Elize got her gauntlets and gleaves, while linze got her wand...generic much? But I guess it is a fantasy world.

We started to walk towards the eastern forest and continued to explore until we found the wolves.

May:*summons pistol* ill cover you both, after all this thing only runs on my mana. So I don't need to stop.