8

While I was making my way to the living room, I heard my name being shouted.
»Harper!«
I looked at the direction the voice came from and saw Mackenzie and her friends. I knew some of them from different classes but we are not that close.

»Hey Kenzie!«
I said whilst hugging her.
»Why are you wandering around all alone?«
Anna, one of her asked me.
»Lia is talking to someone right now but it takes forever for her to return and I don't wanna stand in the kitchen waiting for her alone.«
She nodded and Mackenzie pulled me a little closer put her arm around my shoulder. She seems drunk already.
»You can stay with us!«
I smiled at her and took a sip from my drink.

After a while, Lia and Dylan walked into the living room and Lia's face met mine. I walked over to her and gave her, her drink back.
»Care to explain why it took that long?«
I asked her.
»I'm sorry. We just talked a lot and forgot the time.«
She answered.
»Dylan asked me if I want to go grab some fresh air, do you want to stay inside or come with us?«
I bopped my head back and forth.
»I'll come with you.«
After I went to Mackenzie and her friends again, Dylan opened the door to the balcony and we stepped outside. It was quiter and emptier than inside. Obviously.

I followed Lia to where Dylan lead us to and it was a small seating area. Drinks, drugs and cigarettes was the only thing laying on the small table.
»Oh the two lovebirds!«
said Caleb with a smile while lighting a cigarette.
»Fuck off Caleb, we aren't dating!«
answered Dylan annoyed and sat next to Lia.
I sat next to Caleb and was right across from Justin. But he was talking to Carla and Emily.

Suddenly Caleb started talking to me. Our sisters go to the same school so we see each other sometimes at their school events, but other than that, I don't really hang out with him.

»So I heard you take piano classes!«
he said to me with a smirk.
»He can't keep his mouth shut, can he?«
I answered with a laugh and looked at Justin.
»Cmon you usually don't need any help! That's rare.«
Caleb answered, still laughing.
«Well now you know I'm not good at everything!«
I said with a smile and got up to get myself something to drink again. Lia only has eyes for Dylan. I knew this would happen if they both are at a party and drunk. Makes me feel like I'm all alone. I should've known better since they still have feelings for each other.

As I was making my way to the kitchen again I saw Mackenzie and her friends and stayed with them. I had a good time for the first time this night but went outside again, after some hours, to search for Lia.

»Have you guys seen Lia?«
I asked into the group.
Justin said: »She's somewhere in the house with Dylan, I wouldn't search for her now if I'd be you.«
»Thanks.«
I rolled my eyes and was about to get back inside until Caleb patted on the right seat next to him on the couch.

I sighed and let myself fall into the seat. While everyone else was talking to each other, Justin looked at me and asked,
»Why so moody, Capwell?«
I turned my head to look at him.
»I thought we're done with last names, Justin?«
His eyes got big and a smile spread across his face.
»Right, sorry Harper.«
»I still asked a question!«
He added. I sighed again.
»It's nothing.«
I took a sip from my drink again. I didn't wanna talk about something that annoys me whilst everybody wants to have a good time at the moment.
I didn't want to tilt the mood. I grabbed my phone and opened the weather app. Yes, the weather app, at a party.

»Let's go!«
Justin looked at me and got up from his seat.
I furrowed my eyebrows.
»What?«
»Leaving the party together I see.«
Caleb said and gained chuckles.
»Fuck off Harrison, we're not leaving and not together.«

Justin was walking in front of me and gained some grinning faces from our schoolmates. I kind of forgot that he's popular. He's nothing special to me.

I didn't feel good to walk past Emily, which stared at us. I was pretty sure that she liked him after she came up to me this week to talk about him.