Chapter 17

Last Time...

A scream of pain echoed in the group's ears and it would haunt them for the rest of their journey…

A chuckle of pure evil echoed across the battlefield…

A shout of pure anger radiated across the area followed by the crumbling of the ice below the terra kingdom, sending all opponents into the freezing waters below. Especially the king and prince.

Cries of loved ones rushed to the injured side…

A figure dressed in white stared down at their family member being worked on by several of their allies, who tried to keep the person alive…

Family members grieved over the lost ones in the battle…

Many unaware of the trapped allies on the enemies side, calling out for help…

Present...

“THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!”, a scream of a fellow ninja reached the ears of the frozen ice ninja who struggled to keep his head clear. He registered someone striking his chest violently and he hit the floor very hard. The said person jumped on him intending on hitting him but as soon as the weight was on his chest, it left quick enough. “Zane? Are you alright!”. Blue eyes connected with the grey ones of Shade who helped him to a standing position. 

Cries came from the ninja. “Jay! Calm down, this isn’t helping Nya!”. Lloyd’s voice brought Zane back to reality. He turned only to see the water ninja having CPR being performed by Neuro and Skylor who seemed to know what they were doing. Looking around, Zane noticed the defensive stance those around Nya had. He didn’t want to but he took a glance at the Smith family but he didn’t really have a choice. Turning he saw the distraught family looking broken, Maya clung to Kai like his life depended on it while Ray held the two. Kai stared lost watching Neuro and Skylor work on his little sister, the one who he was supposed to protect. Kai felt like a failure. Emotions swelled around the group who had approached the scene ahead. Sensei Wu, Misako, Garmadon, Pixel, Karloff's group and the others had moved over to protect the vulnerable ones as well as continue to support the family of the water ninja. 

Cole held Lloyd and Jay silently to his chest, the two clung to him like their lives depended on it. He took a glance behind him to see Zane who stood frozen, his eyes staring into the scene ahead of him. Shade moved behind Neuro to help in any way he could. The master of mind used to be a surgeon and he was very good at his job, he knew everything about medical practice and he had stitched up Shade more times than Griffin can count. Cryptor had disappeared from the area but Shade had an idea where he was.

Anger clouded Zane’s vision, he struggled to hold the anger in. He turned in time to see a yellow ball of energy heading the group's way and without warning, he stabbed his sword in the ground furiously before turning to where Cryptor was battling the Terra King and Prince across in their own land. As soon as his sword connected with the ground, walls of black ice surrounded the ninja and their allies effectively trapping them in. Shade looked up in shock when he saw Zane’s clothing change from white to black. His pure white hair transformed into black hair, his eyes changed to an almost black look. Cole didn’t recognise Zane at all especially when he started using black ice. A portal opened behind the ninja, it was their escape back to Ninjago and it seemed like a one way ticket. 

Cole banged his fists against the ice walls hard enough to put a crack in it, this got Zane’s attention who looked at him sadly before sprinting forward and taking the brunt of the yellow energy being directed at the ninja. “NO!” Cole’s scream caught many individuals' attention, Cole used all his strength against the black ice but it just wasn’t enough. He couldn’t get through. “Neuro! What’s happening!” Kai cried out when the master of mind stopped altogether, Skylor looked at the master of mind who seemed to have received a message from the master of ice.