nineteen

"this is a book, i wrote about my life in general. if you want to know more about me and my traumas, read this" jaylin says handing me a book with a black hardcover.

"i wrote it myself almost a year ago and printed it. now i've never ever told people about the shit i've been through or had anyone read this but i'm trusting you and i'm letting you in. please don't let me down" she tells me making me nod.

"i won't" i tell her reacting up to hug her, she immediately wraps her arms around me with her head on top of my head.

"i can't believe i'm doing this" she mutters to herself before pulling away and steps back, i can't help but bite my bottom lip as i smile softly.

"thank you for trusting me" i tell her as i put on my shoes, i watch her let out a shaky breath before nodding, "you don't have to do this you know. you can ask for the book back whenever you want" i tell her.

"no. no, it's fine. i need to tell someone at least, even if the shit there might scare you away, i need to just let someone see where i come from"

"okay. i'm going to leave now, thank you for trusting me" i thank her as i open the door and walk out, she stands by the door watching me round to finneas's house giving me one last wave and dissappears.

"what's that?" i jump at finneas's voice and turn around to face him, he reaches for it making me pull away.

"this is something that doesn't involve you, so please down touch or open this book please. my whole relationship is on this book" i tell him.

"uh okay"  he shrugs walking away with peaches following behind him while bouncing on her back paws making me chuckle as i run up to my room.

i love fin's house more than my own.

it's cozier then mine. plus, hot neighbor.

i take a seat by the window looking over at jay's house to see her watering her plants before i open the first page and start reading.