seventeen. - TROUBLE IN PARADISE?

"thank you!" you told the clerk as you paid for the bouquet of white roses before handing them a hefty tip and walking over to your car

you sighed as you sat in the parking lot looking at all the stuff you'd bought for katsuki: the roses, a few pictures that you'd took, some just of him and the others were both of y'all together, a box of the hot tamales candies and a card. the conversation the two of you had last night played on loop in your mind; you couldn't believe how oblivious you were to the boy's feelings or the fact that you were so intent on ignoring your own. you knew you'd had feelings for katsuki way before the bet even started, but you refused to admit to yourself that you were falling for him.

the two of you had been friends since you started going to UA. you were one of the first people that kinda grew on him and he was always by your side no matter how much he said you annoyed him. he was the first person you'd go to when you needed to vent or cry, and he was always such a good listener and knew just what to say, even if it was along the lines of, "shut up, you're annoying when you cry over things like that." when he dated reiko yanagi from the support class, you saw a different side of him. he was happy but in the way you personally couldn't make him feel and that bothered you. you wanted to make him happy, you wanted to see him smile, you wanted to make him laugh, you wanted to feel his love.

for nine whole months you were miserably in love with your friend, but had to push your feelings aside because his heart was someone else's. now that he's admitted to having feelings for you, you can't help but think that this is all just one cruel and sick joke. why would he like you? why should he like you? instead of letting the doubt eat away at you, you sat in your car and began writing a letter to the boy in the card you'd bought him.

'katsuki, i've thought about all things i could say in a letter, all the ways i could apologize for the way i've been treating you and the way i've been oblivious to your feelings and while i am extremely sorry, i realized that that's not what this letter is for. you are my everything. its taken me months to say that, but it's the truth. i've found myself smiling and laughing at lot more around you, feeling joy with you, feeling like everything makes sense. for the past couple of months, i've wanted to tell you so badly all the things i felt for you but i couldn't bring myself to out of fear and doubt. but fuck the fear and the doubt forreal! they are my opps wanting my downfall! dude i fucking love you. i am so unbelievably, undeniably in love with you. a bold statement, i know, but it's 110% true. i love the way you laugh everytime i say something stupid. i love how you stare at me all the time and look away to pretend like you aren't everytime i catch you in a stare. i love how you smile everytime i call you blondie no matter how many times you say you hate being called that. i love the cute pout you do everytime we're not touching or anytime i move away from you. i love how proud you are. i love that you smell like caramel whenever you get nervous from sweating a little. i love that you poke my nose all the time. there's so many things i love about you and i hate that this card isn't big enough to list them all. you're my sun, katsuki. you shine so bright and i only wanna help you shine brighter. as corny as it is, i cried when you told me everything last night. i felt the hurt through the phone and all i wanted to do was hug you and tell you that i felt the same way but i honestly didn't know what to say in that moment. i felt so shitty for doing that to you and i know it probably ruined your day at the agency today but i hope these goodies probably make up for it. i don't know when you'll read this but i love you i love you I LOVE YOU! we the real life frienemies to lovers trope forreal! - y/n <33'

you signed your name on the card and wiped the stray tears that were on your face before starting your car and heading back to campus.

you drove around the parking lot to see if katsuki's car was there, which it was, and your heart raced as you parked in your usual spot and headed inside with all the things you got for him.

you knocked on his door, waiting patiently as he turned the knob and opened it slowly. his eyes widened slightly as he realized it was you, stepping out of the way and opening the door some more so you could come in.

"hey." he said softly as he closed the door behind you.

"listen, i know i'm not the best when it comes to words BUT i did some digging and heard that you had a favorite flower. i got you some red hots too because i remembered you said that you loved them. all of this is for you too," you told him as you handed him the items. he smiled at you, seeing how nervous you were since you avoided his eyes the entire time.

he sat on the bed after placing the flowers on his desk for later, going through all the pictures you had printed and smiled to himself as he recalled all the memories each picture was from.

he stopped himself before opening the card, "what's this?"

"something you need to read, duh." you said in an obvious tone while the boy playfully rolled his eyes from you, bitting the inside of his cheek to hide his growing smile.

you watched from across the room as katsuki silently read your writing to himself, grinning to himself while he read. he teared up a little bit as he reached the end, wiping the few tears that escaped his eyes.

he put the card down beside him before getting up and walking over to you, making your heart race.

"you're a dumbass, but i love you too." he told you, making the both of you laugh. the boy engulfed you into a hug, wrapping his arms around your shoulders while you wrapped yours around his torso.

"thank you for everything sweet girl, especially the flowers. no one's ever gotten me flowers before, so i guess you're forgiven," he teased, placing a loving kiss on your forehead.

"nah cause i had to jump through hoops of fire to figure out what flowers you liked because nobody else knows what they were but then i remembered you telling me in passing that you liked white roses," you rambled.

the blonde giggled at you, finding himself to be at peace with this whole encounter and hugging you tighter, never wanting to let you go.

- WORD COUNT ; 1238