Four

CHAPTER FOUR

"I thought you wouldn't show up," Chris said, standing up.

"Am I late or something?" I asked him.

"No, I just came a little early," Chris answered as the hostess lead us to our seats and a waiter comes and takes our order.

Then, I'm left alone with Chris.

"You look amazing, by the way," Chris said as he looks at my dress in awe.

I giggled.

"I mean, look at you. You look so sexy to the point I could bend you over this table," Chris said.

"Thank you. You don't look so bad yourself," I said.

A few moments later, the waiter shows up with drinks for us. We thank the waiter politely.

"So, how's everything going with you?" Chris asked me.

"Good. Preparing to go on tour in July," I answered.

"That's great," Chris said.

"Yeah. How's things with you?" I asked Chris.

"Great. I'm happy you came out tonight," Chris replied.

"I mean we haven't seen each other in two weeks; I think we needed this night out," I said.

"Yeah," Chris said.

In the end, we enjoy our food while talking about trivial things unaware of the photos of us that were be going viral on social media

After dinner, Chris takes me to my house and decided to come in. Our phones start buzzing.

"Weird," I said, noticing that both our phones are ringing at the same time.

"It's my publicist," Chris said.

"Same," I said, showing him my publicist's name on my screen.

"I wonder what's going for both of our publicists to be calling us at this time," Chris said.

"Me too," I said as we both answer the calls.

During our calls, we learned that someone had posted photos of us at the restaurant on social media and shared a little bit of conversation as well.

Our publicists wanted to know if we wanted to confirm or deny our relationship.

"I'm not sure," I told my publicist as I tried to focus on Chris's conversation with his publicist.

Chris looks at me and I already knew his answer.

I sighed.

"Let's just ignore it. There's need to confirm or deny it," I told my publicist.

Chris got off the phone and wraps his arms around my waist as I continue to talk to my publicist. I removed myself from his arms and walk over to the couch and took a seat. I wanted to get off the phone as soon as possible, kick Chris out and go to bed.

"Well, good night, Sheane," My publicist said.

"Goodnight," I said, ending the call.

Chris stared at me as I got onto Twitter and scrolled through the trending hashtag of my name and saw the tweets about Chris and I. I wanted to cry as some of my fans were excited about me being in a relationship while I was sad about my relationship with Chris especially since he doesn't even want to publicly claim me.

"Sheane," Chris said but paused.

"Go home, Chris," I said with a tired sigh.

"You know-" Chris was about to say but I interrupted him as I pulled my hair in frustration.

"Shut up! And go home, Chris!" I yelled.

Chris walks over to me and pulls my hands out of my hair.

"Look at me, Sheane," Chris said.

I scoffed.

"I'm sick of looking at you!" I yelled as I started crying. "I'm a joke to you, Christopher, I can't keep doing this with you," I continued as I pulled my hands away from him.

"I'm sorry," Chris said.

I shook my head.

"You're not — it's over, Chris, please for my sanity, we can't keep doing this. I'm tired," I said, looking at him.

"Is that what you really want?" Chris asked.

I nodded.

"Yes, I want to be free from the cage you have trapped me in — this relationship is no longer working for the both of us. You want to be single, now you can be single, Chris," I explained to him.

Chris finally leaves without saying a word and I get on Twitter and tweet that I'm single before putting my phone in do not disturb.

Sheane ✅
@SheanePanettiere

Single.

10:38 PM • 5/15/22 • Twitter for iPhone