Chapter 3

"How have you been?" Madeleine asked. Espresso said nothing with his blank expression. He looks like he wants to cry, scream and punch the guys face but he's frozen. He can't move.

"Excuse me, Sir? Do you need anything?" Almond interrupted and shielded Espresso.
"Oh, no. I just wanted to uh...check on what's happening." Madeleine said.
"I see. If you have questions you can ask me. Let's step outside first." Almond insisted.
"Yes sure but can I talk to your partner for a second?" Madeleine requested.
"That depends on him, Sir." Almond said and he stepped away. Espresso just shook his head "no".
"I guess he doesn't. Let's step outside for a moment." Almond said and they both leave. Espresso was then left again inside the library.

A couple of minutes later Almond went back inside and saw Espresso hiding at a corner of the library with his knees to his face. Almond then sat down beside him.
"I don't know what happened with you and the dean before but a wise person once told me to not run away from my problems." Almond said and Espresso looked at Almond. Espresso was hit by his own words.
"Even if I run away I always get close to my problems." Espresso said.
"Want to tell me about it?" Almond asked. Espresso thought for a moment.
"I guess you deserve to know." Espresso said and Almond was eager to hear.
"4 years ago before I left this school I was a passionate professor. Always happy to help when others are in need and other things. One day the dean, Madeleine, wanted to see me at his office. Of course since he's my boss I obliged. We haven't really seen each other ever since I started working here since he's always busy so it was the first time we would actually meet. I was excited. When we met it was like love at first sight. We got to know each other for a couple of months and got together. It was supposed to be a secret relationship but someone probably saw us and it soon became a big talk around campus. When Madeleine's parents heard about it they tried to make us break up but we fought against it. Until one day his parents talked to me in private and said they would pay me in order to leave their son alone but I said no and then they made the price higher and higher but I just won't budge. His parents then said something that I don't ever want to happen. They said that they would take away every rights on Madeleine's heritage and of course he loves helping the family business so I had no choice but to break up with him and I never told him the reason. After that I left and the money that they gave me is still at home. I haven't touched or spent a single penny on it because I just can't. I don't want the money. I just wanted him." Espresso said and he puts his face back to his knees. Almond doesn't know what to say or what to do. He knows his friend is depressed about it and he doesn't want to say anything that could make the feeling worst.
"I see. I don't know what to do about it but just know that I'm not disgusted or against your sexuality. I support you and whatever you're feeling right now will soon pass." Almond said.
"Thank you." Espresso said. He then stood up and dusted himself. Almond does the same.
"Do you still—" "Love him? Of course." Espresso said cutting off Almond. Almond went silent.
"Okay. Let's just get this job done before that man's parents hears about you investigating a crime here and make you go away again." Almond said and Espresso agrees.

"I'm going home." Almond said.
"Alright. Stay safe. I'll investigate more here." Espresso said.
"Are you sure? What if you two bump into each other again?" Almond asked.
"That's unlikely. At this time he's already back home." Espresso said. Almond then leaves.
As espresso looks around he also reminisce about the past. How he went to this exact same school and then became a teacher. It was all coming back. Everything was still the same.
The door then opened behind Espresso.