CHAPTER 7

Divya's pov

"Hey, what are you doing here in Hyderabad?" He asked taking the seat opposite of mine.

"I came here with my classmates, we are on our IV" I said.

"I see" saying that he nodded his head.
"What about you?" I asked him.

"I work in this city" he told me. Though we were acquainted we were not that close.

So even if we were to meet in the village we would not have gone up to each other to strike up a conversation instead would have moved on acknowledging each other's presence.

I nodded my head at his reply, I felt awkward because there were no more topics between us to talk about.

"So when are you going back" I asked him trying to reduce the awkwardness.

He looked at me silently as if observing my face. When I thought he was not going to reply he opened his mouth,
" I don't stay here." He said not trying to explain further.

I felt weird he was behaving as if what I asked him was something stupid.

"Well then do you work from home" hearing my question he chuckled.

Now I was sure something was definitely wrong.
" Divya you are the only one who doesn't know what I do for a living. At least you should have tried to pay attention to me as we were once classmates" he said with a bitter smile.

I don't know what to say anymore, he was right I did not even know anything about him except being my classmate.

"You were always like that keeping people at a distance. I don't know what made you do so but not everyone is bad you shouldn't push people away Divya" he said.

He was right I never tried to get to know the people around me except my family. I had always believed there was no need for others just my family was enough.

But unknowingly I was hurting the people trying to get close to me.

"I am sorry if you felt like that" I genuinely apologised to him. Because he was the only person I considered to be a friend during my school days.

He had always been there for me then and I didn't want to appear as an ingrate to him.

He smiled, "don't push me away if you are truly sorry" he said before getting up to leave.

I nodded my head at him. "See you back in the village" I told him.

He left after acknowledging my words.

Riya suddenly sat near me. She was the only girl I was friendly with in college. Now I think back I was always the same maybe she never took my behaviour as offensive. She was always an easygoing person.
"Who was that handsome guy you were talking to" she asked me eyeing his back.

"He is a friend from my hometown. We went to the same school for three years" I told her.

"Are all the guys in your Village this handsome" she asked me, I just smiled at her question. She had once met Rohan when he had dropped me on his way to the city.

Ever since then she had been fussing over him, now it looks like she had got a new target.

*******************************

It was too late when we came back, uncle was waiting for me in front of the institution so that he could bring me home.

I got in his car." How was the trip" he asked me.

"It was good" I told him. I put great effort in staying awake. Seeing my state he chuckled.

"If you are tired get some sleep I will wake you up once we reach" he told me.

"No uncle if I close my eyes now I won't wake up until the sun rises" I told him. He laughed at my reply.

"Then don't worry I will try to get back home faster but don't tell anyone" saying that he increased his speed slightly.

My uncle usually hates speeding if it were one of his boys he would have scolded them severely for speeding.
I felt warm at this gesture of his.

When I returned home I was too tired to even change out my clothes. I directly went to my room and flopped on the bed instantly drifting to the dreamland.

I woke up when I felt uncomfortable at having a glaring light hitting my face.

I got up from the bed and looked at the time. It was ten thirty in the morning. I usually wake up at six.

Today I slept in for a long time I wondered why aunty had not come up to me. Maybe my uncle must have told her how tired I was yesterday.

I left my room after freshening up. As I was walking towards the stairs I was shocked by the sight that greeted me.

Rohan was sitting on the sofa laid out in the small terrace that was attached to the first floor, he was working on his computer there was also a hot tea cup near him.

Having felt my gaze he looked up. When his eyes met mine my heart skipped a beat.

Hello to all who are reading this. Though not perfect I am trying to write my own novels. My goal is to have at least one completed novel to my name. For realizing my dream I need your help, your support will give me inspiration and energy to write more.

Looking forward to your support. 

Thank you.