CHAPTER 11

Divya's pov

After relaying the date for Pooja to aunty I came to my room.

I wanted to immediately try on the earrings that I brought from the market. They had looked so beautiful amongst a dozen earrings in that shop.

I was dying to try them on. It was my hobby to collect beautiful earrings but sometimes the ones I loved would not go so well with my face or attire.

But on Indu any kind of earrings would do so well and there were times when I felt distressed at having to give mine away to her.

So I now decided to try it on and find out whether they suit me before growing attached to them.

I was trying them on standing before the mirror. The door to my room can be seen if you were to look through the mirror.

I hadn't closed the door but had left it slightly ajar. So as I was putting them on my ears my attention shifted away from the mirror.

Thus, I didn't notice the figure that was now leaning against the left side of the door. I was a bit surprised when our eyes met but it didn't last for long.

"What are you doing here. Did you need me for anything" Having recovered from the slight surprise I asked him.

It was Rohan who was silently observing me leaning against the door sill. He had his arms crossed but his expression was what that struck me.

He was not smiling but had a serious face, it kind of felt like he was glaring at me. 'But then why would he glare at me I didn't even go near him to provoke him' I shoved such thoughts away from my mind.

"Who was that" his question puzzled me. 'who was he talking about' I thought.

"Who are you talking about" I asked him back. I think I saw his face hardening.

"The guy who dropped you, who is he?" He asked me again as if suppressing his urge to knock on my forehead.

"Are you talking about Ajay. He is a friend" I told him.
"From when did you began to befriend guy friends" he asked me.

I felt as if I was in the middle of an interrogation. 'Was I supposed to answer that' I thought.

Seeing my confused state he flicked his finger on my forehead.
"Ouch" I cried out at the pain.

As if satisfied he turned and left. 'Sadist' I scolded him in my heart while rubbing my forehead to reduce the pain.

He was so mean to me, 'why did I even like him' but those angry thoughts halted itself. I knew very well why I like him.

He was perfect in every way, he was filial, responsible and had many other attributes. It is not possible for me to stop liking him now.