Enmeshed 8 - Family

All of storage's medical equipment went to your room. Sanford had most of the tools and heavy weaponry. Deimos took the lighter weapons and whatever tech laid there. White weaponry and everything else stayed in Hank's room. 

Short after sorting everything out, Sanford, Deimos and Hank had to go on an immediate mission regarding a sudden surge in power somewhere nearby.

You stayed back, it's not like you can help with anything in your current state with kind of sucked. That was mostly the case when you woke up the first time. The days were rather long and boring. This time you'll stay here for much, much longer. Maybe now that Hank is around things will get more interesting...

Now it started to hit you. A type of excitement that's hard to describe. You'll get to interact with Hank more often. You live together.

The sensation brought more color and warmth to your face. A weird match for dark eye circles and starved appearance. 

What if Doc sees you like this? WHAT IF HE GET'S THE HINT THAT YOU'VE SPARKED SOME SORT OF FEELING TOWARDS HANK??? WHAT IF IT'S NOT DOC YOU SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT BUT HANK HIMSELF??? But why did Hank suddenly decided to move back? He and Sanford seem to hate each other. Was it because of you? No no no no. What a weird thought. As if you guys can have any future. 

You take a walk around the base to see if anything changed. You reach the garage, aka Sanford's Sanctum. It was a hangar with vehicles, Sanford's workbench for constructing explosives and his makeshift gym. 

You eye around the gym equipment. Most of the dumbbells and other gear was way too heavy for you to lift or do anything meaningful. Since you'll stick around longer this time, it would be nice to get that emaciated body of yours back in shape.

A particular crate catches your attention. Similar to one of Hank's. A cutout of an agent stuck out from it. It was made out of wood and the surface had lot's of scratches and bursts. The bottom of the crate was filled with some sort of throwing stars.

You used throwing daggers before but never tried the stars yourself... yet. 

Hank wouldn't mind, would he?

With nothing better to do, you place the agent cutout against a somewhat empty wall and take around 10 steps back. Nothing too difficult. You lodge one of the star arms between your thumb and index finger and raise it to your eye level next to your head.

You lean your arm backwards for momentum and swing it with full strength onto the cutout.

The star bounces of the wood and lands on the concrete floor, filling the hangar with a rattling sound as it spins in place.

"Again." You pick up the star and try again. This time the star doesn't even bounce off but immediately falls down after impact.

"..."You close the distance and try again. Same results.

"Man these things are dull or something!" You yell out of frustration as you throw one last time.

The star lodges itself in the cutout where the agents genitalia would sit. 

"YES!" You rejoice, only for the star to shift due to it's own weight and fall off a second later. 

Oh well, at least you hit once. 

You walk back to collect it. As you crouth down, you feel wind blowing through your hair followed by a crisp sound of wood breaking and tiny wood snippets landing on top of your head. A star was buried halfway in the wooden structure on the crotch area where you previously hit.

 ...You didn't even have to turn around to know it's probably Hank.

He stood near the entrance, a good 20 meter away from the target. You swear there was smirk radiating from under his mask.