Chapter I

Haven was in his room, playing video games as usual. The twitch chat was going wild as he was winning the game. All you could hear was him communicating with teammates in a sort of loud, but concentrated voice, along with the clicks of the controller. He didn't exactly acknowledge anything that had to do with the outside world. His mother came to check on him once in a while, bringing food and water for him and making sure he gets the sleep he needs since he is still in highschool.

"Dear, are you hungry? I made your favorite." His mother said, walking in the room. He just ignored her and continued playing the game. "You know... you need to get sleep and do your homework, sweetie. I'm concerned about you... You never come out of your room and when you do it's for school or you're on your phone. Please, just try to do something. You won't graduate if you keep this up," She paused for a few moments, getting no response. "I'll just... leave your food here. Make sure you get some sleep, alright? I love you." She placed the food next to him and left the room with a sad and disappointed sigh. He noticed she sounded hurt but he shrugged it off and went back to his game.

* TIME SKIP *

"Ugh..." Haven groaned as his alarm for school woke him up, a nauseating reminder to him that he had to get ready for school. "So damn annoying."

Grabbing his phone and turning the alarm off, he lazily walked to his closet. He sat there for what seemed like forever trying to pick what to wear, even though most of it was the same. He went with a Nirvana shirt, some ripped jeans, and a zip-up hoodie over top.

"Hi sweetie," His mother said as she saw him come out of the room and into the dining room. "I made you some eggs and toast for breakfast, I know it's not much but I wouldn't have had time to make anything else since I'll probably be even later to work. I just can't find my keys anywhere..."

Haven mumbled a 'thanks mom' and opened the fridge to get a can of soda. "Your keys are on the couch, by the way," he paused as he took a big gulp of his drink. "I saw them as I passed by but I thought you knew they were there... until now though."

His mother sighed in disbelief, confused how she missed them since she looked there tons of times. "Thank you, Haven. Now, finish your food and get to school on time, okay? I have to leave now though. I love you, sweetie. Have a nice day at school and try not to get into any trouble or fights." She kissed his forehead, grabbed her keys, and walked out the door.