Chapter III

'~*Hospital POV*~'

"Is he going to be ok?!" Haven's mother cried, very worried due to her son randomly just passing out and having a slowed heart rate.

"We aren't sure yet, ma'am. We will try our best to help him get better. But right now he is in a coma, and we don't know when or if he will be waking up..." the doctor stated. Patricia started sobbing even harder, realizing she may have to deal with pulling her son's plug if they don't wake up some time soon. "I'm deeply sorry miss, but I promise we all will try our hardest to help you get through this. I understand the hurt you are feeling right now from reactions and behaviors from visitors of past patients we have had. I'll leave you alone with your son for a bit; feel free to leave whenever you need to. If you are still here when visiting hours are ending, a doctor will come inform you."

The doctor rubbed her shoulder to try to help her feel better. "I have to attend to some other things for now. Stay strong, not just for yourself but for your son, alright?" She simply nodded and sat in the chair next to her son's hospital bed. She had slowed her crying, for now, and tried to think of all the happy times they had together. Rubbing her eyes, she slightly smiled when she remembered something funny that happened when Haven was about 5.

'~* FLASHBACK *~'

Patricia, Haven's mother, had gotten Haven a few toy train sets for his birthday a few weeks ago, but his reaction to them was quite hilarious. He would run away from the trains all the time when they made a noise.

The funniest but also cutest time was this; "Mommy, mommy! Save meeee!" Haven squealed, running from the train noises on his train track toys.

Patricia giggled softly. "It's just the toy trains, silly. You'll be alright, the trains won't hurt you." Haven found his way to his mother and tugged at her pantleg.

"Mommy, are you sure the trains won't hurt me?" His mother picked him up and sat him on her lap, hugging him slightly.

"I'm sure they won't hurt you, sweetie. How about we go get some ice cream, hm?" She ruffled his hair and chuckled lightly when his eyes looked as if they had seen the best thing a kid could want.

"Yes, I want some ice cream! Can we go to the park too, mommy?"

Patricia smiled and kissed his forehead, proceeding to say, "Of course, anything for my precious little angel. Now go get your shoes on, ok?"

She placed him on the floor so he could go get his shoes on. "I'm ready mommy! Let's go, let's go!" He was jumping up and down and smiling so brightly, it would've made anyone's heart melt.

"Ok sweetie, let mommy grab her purse real quick then we can go."

'~* END OF FLASHBACK *~'

Patricia got up from the chair and walked closer to her son. "I'm so sorry this happened to you, sweetie... I wish maybe you would've tried skipping school again today, which I can't really tell if that's a bad or good thing, even for this scenario." She lightly chuckled to herself, wiping away the tears building in her eyes. Suddenly the door was opened. "Ma'am? Visiting hours are coming to an end. You may come back tomorrow at 8 A.M." She nodded and the doctor walked out of the door. "I love you, Hay. Wake up soon, okay?" She leaned over and kissed his forehead, walking out after that.