Chapter 1: The Art Of Desire

September 1975

Waking up to the sound of her alarm clock, ringing through the quite corridor of our bedroom was like an invasion of her peace in her mind. It wasn't like she had to wake up and go to the museum and it felt nice to have a day off from finishing her piece at the museum.

She was about to close her eyes when her best friend, Stevie bursted into her room as Christine looked at her friend who was up way too early but she might have been called into work today.

"Good morning my lovely friend." Stevie said, handing her a cup of coffee.

"Why are you up this early?" Christine asked, not really in a happy mood.

"Christine, it's almost twelve and remember, we're going to the museum for the show of your work?" Stevie questioned in her quiet time of voice.

"I'm sorry for the time but darling, we don't have to be the until five." Christine said.

"I just thought we could do something besides stay here all day. I'm bored, let's go have some fun before we have to go to the museum." Stevie said.

"I'm content where I'm at." Christine said.

"You never want to have fun anymore." Stevie said.

"Because we both work all week and we're tired by the time the weekend rolls around." Christine said.

"You also never want to smoke anymore either." Stevie said, referring to the joint she had between her fingers.

"I only smoke when I feel inspired but feel free to smoke if you'd like." Christine said.

"Fine, I'm going to pick my check up from work, then I'll come back after I get some things and we'll head to the event." Stevie said.

"Okay." Christine said.

"I'll be back, see you in a bit." Stevie said.

"Have fun!" Christine said in a joking manner.

"I will!" Stevie said as she grabbed her keys and purse.

...

They arrived at the event, Christine was shaking in her heels as she made her way to her boss as she smiled at everyone who talked about how lovely her art work was and asked how was she inspired.

"I just decided to make a mosaic about a young woman who love eccentric things. One who believes that she's doesn't have to get married or have children to be happy." Christine said, trying to force a smile upon her face.

"It's lovely, somebody who believes in something shouldn't have to force a smile upon her face when all in all, it isn't real to what she really wants." A man said.

"Well, I painted this and it's my reality. I'm passed the age I can have children and this is my job, this art is my reality and I'm sorry to burden you with this." Christine said to the man.

"No need to apologize love but maybe one day, she'll paint something happier to what she has already." He said as Christine smiled.

"Maybe, but now since you're so interested in my art. Maybe we can get to know each other a little, you know just in case you decide to buy my other paintings." Christine said.

"Well, I'm very interested in your work. Your art is exquisite and very colorful, which is beautiful because you're beautiful." He said.

"Well, what's your name?" Christine asked.

"My name is John McVie." He said.

"Well, my name is Christine, Christine Perfect." Christine said as she hoped he wouldn't laugh like most people did.

"Well, Miss Perfect, I believe I would like to buy this painting and two more I seen that would look perfect in my study." He said.

"Are you sure, because there are more paintings here, more exquisite than mine are." Christine said.

"Believe me Christine when I say that I love these three individual paintings, I really meant it. It's like they are piecing together, like this one." He said as Christine loved the way he was telling her how those three individual paintings held purpose of a promising life.

"Tell me more." She said.

"This is the first painting I looked at, but look at how sad she looks, walking down this road. Here, she thinks she'll never find someone who will love her for herself. She's independent, loves being on her own and doesn't take shit from anyone. Sorry for the language, I didn't mean to say that, I meant that she doesn't take anything negative stop her from achieving her goals in life." John said as Christine smiled and felt his hand on the small of her back.

"Honestly, I don't mind. I'm just interested in your theories about my art." Christine said.

"She knows that her destiny is something greater than what she's doing now and all she wants is for someone to be by her side who believes in her like she believes in herself." John said as Christine felt herself blush at how he really got her as Stevie approached them.

"Hey Chrissy, there's a couple wanting to buy the bird and flower painting that you did in memory of your mom." Stevie said as Christine excused herself and walked over to where the couple were standing.

"Ahh... This must be the artist who painted this?" A tall, Englishman said who stood beside a small woman who looked at Christine.

"Yes, I'm the artist." Christine said.

"What a lovely painting and I'm sorry you lost your dear mum." The woman said.

"Thank you and she always loved birds and roses. I also have a garden full of flowers in her honor, that way she can always see that I haven't forgot her." Christine said as Stevie stood beside her as the couple handed her a check.

"It's beautiful and maybe one day, we can see it." The woman said.

"Maybe." Christine said, looking at the check and about fainted, seeing the amount they wrote on it.

"This is way too much." Christine said.

"Take it darling." The man said.

"You look awfully familiar and so does this guy beside me." Christine said, trying to figure out where she seen them before.

"Ever heard of the band, Fleetwood Mac?" The man asked as Christine stood there and remembered that her mum listened to them.

"Oh yes, you're Mick, the leader and drummer." Christine said.

"That's right." He said.

"And this must be, Sara?" Christine asked.

"Yes, I'm Mick's wife." Sara said.

"I'm just happy that you three are so interested in my art." Christine said.

"I'm just happy to find art that I like in this area. Before you arrived, there was nothing here worth buying." Sara said.

"Well, I've been here for almost six months and it's different from where I'm from." Christine said.

"Every country and city is different than each other, it's always exciting moving to a new place." Stevie said.

"Stevie's right, the more places you go, the culture is always fascinating." Christine said.

"The food is too." Sara said.

"Now, if you mates don't mind, I'd like to spend some time with Christine like I was before." John said as he wrapped his arm around her waist as everyone looked at each other and back over at them.

Author's Note: I hope y'all have an amazing day and I hope y'all love the new story! ❤️