Chapter 4: Happiness Awaits!

They arrived back at the apartment as John helped Christine carry some flowers, wine and ice cream up to the apartment to make Stevie feel better as they walked up the wet, smelly staircase as John could not wait to get both of them out of this shit hole place.

Christine walked into the apartment to see Stevie on the couch huddled and crying into a pillow in a fetal position as her mascara stained her face and the pillow as Christine sat beside of her and held her as Stevie cried.

"I miss him, I miss him so much Chris." Stevie said as Christine looked at John.

"I know babe, I know. He doesn't deserve you and he's going to regret ever breaking your heart." Christine said.

"What's wrong Chris?" Stevie asked as she looked at her best friend.

"Stevie, I made my decision. John asked me to come live with him and I said yes." Christine said as Stevie held her hand.

"You deserve all this Christine and I'll be okay, I'll just work doubles and put back tips into my rainy day fund to pay rent." Stevie said as John looked at the petite waitress as he sat beside Christine.

"Stevie, you won't have to worry about working double shifts or trying to make ends meet anymore." John said.

"I have to work John, I know you will take care of Christine and I have faith in you that you will treat her like a queen, she deserves to be loved and I can tell you love her." Stevie said.

"We have been talking and I have plenty of room at my house and Christine wants you to come with us and I have a big guest room and it has a nice bathroom just for you, no ladies deserve to stay here and I want you to be happy." John said.

"John, I could not impose on you both because I'm fine staying here, I want you and Christine to be happy and I don't want you both to worry about me, I'll be fine." Stevie said.

"I'm not leaving here without you, I'd be worried about you day and night. I want you to come with us and the beach is really nice and we could find you a better paying job, please come with us?" Christine asked as Stevie had doubts but looking into her best friend's eyes and seeing that she wanted her to come with them, she knew that Christine wanted what was best for her.

"Okay, I'll come with you and see from here, I mean a beach would be nice right now." Stevie said as Christine smiled.

"Well, let's go get packed and we'll go from there." Christine said.

"Are you sure Chris, I don't want to step on any toes?" Stevie asked.

"You deserve this love and I want you to be happy, John doesn't want you to live here either because of everything that's wrong with this place and we want you to be happy, that's what we both want." Christine said as she held Stevie as she kissed her head and hugged her.

"I promise to be quiet as a church mouse, I'm just going to move on and save up money to rent or buy a house. It's going to be hard and tough, but I know I'll be okay, maybe not today or tomorrow but I'll be okay." Stevie said.

"It's okay to be sad love and this is a new beginning, just remember that another closing door is another door open to new opportunities and I love you." Christine said as Stevie was ready for the new opportunities.

"Let's go pack but I don't want to overwhelm you both." Stevie said.

"John told us to take our time to pack and he's a really patient man and he knows it's hard but once your back at the house, you'll feel nothing but peace and it's so nice to watch the waves at night, it's so therapeutic." Christine said.

"I love seeing you happy Chris, now let's go pack." Stevie said Christine loved seeing her happy.

...

A couple of days later

John was in the living room, watching a penguin documentary as Christine was helping Stevie look for a job that was close to home as the phone rang.

"McVie residence." John said, lighting up a cigarette.

"Hey mate, it's Mick."  He said as John was delighted to her from his best friend.

"How are you Mick?" John asked.

"Great, just tending to the restaurant and I got a few acts coming down to the restaurant tonight and I would love for you and Christine to come down if you're not busy." Mick said as John liked the idea.

"I'll talk to Christine and we'll see what she says and we'll surprise you." John said as he chuckled.

"Sounds wonderful, I'll see you soon." Mick said as he got off the phone and went to see what the ladies were up to.

He walked up the stairs and headed to his and Christine's bedroom as he heard laughter.

"You know, I believe I will be happy here. It's a beautiful place and better than our apartment." Stevie said as she helped Christine unpack some of her things.

"I needed you here with me and I love John, but I could not leave you because you're my best friend." Christine said.

"I really enjoy the view and I went for a walk last night and it's so peaceful here compared to the loud traffic at night in our apartment." Stevie said.

"I know, so what are your plans today love?" Christine asked.

"I think I might go look around places that are hiring and apply for jobs." Stevie said, she was really hoping to find one today.

"Do you need help?" Christine asked.

"I'm going to go see what I can find here on the beach, there's gotta be a place that's hiring." Stevie said.

"Well, I'll be doing housework because I still have quite a lot to do, so I hope the job search goes well darling and I love you." Christine said.

"I love you too." Stevie said as Christine left her to get dressed in a white floral dress with sandals.

"Please let me find a job today, just let me get on with my life and I don't need a man, I have my own life, my own ambitions and goals I want to achieve." Stevie said to herself as she decided to put on light makeup and fixed her hair.

...

Stevie was walking a long the path until she seen what looked like a restaurant as she walked into the restaurant and walked up to the bar as someone walked over.

"What can I get you to drink milady?" The man asked as Stevie thought he was handsome and very sweet.

"Umm... I was actually here to see if you were hiring?" Stevie asked nervously as her palms were sweaty and her stomach was in knots because she really wanted to be independent and not depend on John and Christine for anything.

"Well, I do have a position open for a waitress if you're interested?" The man questioned as Stevie was happy.

"Yes, I have waitressing experience and I'm very friendly and bubbly." Stevie rambled nervously.

"Well, I'm the owner of this fine establishment and welcome to the team." The man said.

"Really?" Stevie questioned excitedly as she almost fell off the barstool she was sitting on.

"Yes, now what's your name?" He asked.

"Stephanie Nicks, but everyone calls me Stevie." Stevie said as the man smiled.

"It's nice to meet you Stevie, I'm Michael Fleetwood or as my family and friends call me Mick and welcome to paradise." Mick said as he extended his hand to shake Stevie's.

Author's Note: Yay! Our ladies are finally happy and I have so many ideas for this story so stay tuned!

I hope y'all have a great weekend and enjoy! ❤️