Interlude (1)

Interlude: Those who were left behind

Growls could be heard inside a room. This room has a door made of metal and no one was allowed to step inside this room other than their base leader.

The knowledge of this room and its contents were unknown to anyone but the base leader and the people who were most loyal to him.

Claude perked up from standing guard outside of the door after he heard the sound of someone approaching.

He knows that the person arriving at this place, deliberately makes his steps heard so that Claude knows that he was coming. After a while, the silhouette of a person could be seen.

Wearing mostly black clothes and a black coat, slicked blond hair, and black-rimmed rectangle glasses, that person looks like he models and came out of a fashion show. He was a very good-looking person. But it was a pity that no person would dare to casually approach this person whose icy blue eyes that was cold like Antarctica.

His cold stare was enough to give them shivers and fright. The way that he gazed at them was looking at a dead person.

" Claude. "

The person said to him calmly. With the tone of his voice, Claude couldn't tell any emotion behind it.

Overall, a handsome face was useless if it was just a cold block of an ice statue.

" Captain Jonas! "

Still, despite his feelings of uneasiness, Claude greeted their base leader with a cheerful tone. Forced himself to respond happily even though there was no reason to be happy in this situation at all.

Claude should be scared.

Jonas stared at him for a moment before gesturing to him. Claude took that as his cue to leave within the vicinity of the room and on the whole basement floor of this building.

It was their daily routine as one of the people who have been ordered to guard this room a year ago.

He should have gotten used to it. But he hasn't.

There is no way that he would get used to his Base Leader taking care of that monster!

2 years ago, Captain Jonas returned after being ambushed and getting rid of his enemies.

They have absolute confidence and trust in their base leader that he would return after knowing that he has been ambushed.

But when he returned, all of them were shocked as their Captain Jonas returned carrying someone or something with him.

Captain Jonas used to have a twin brother.

He used to be one of the residents on their base.

And he was also one of the people who have the plan to get rid of Captain Jonas.

They don't know what went wrong between the two people.

But Claude has a guess.

Maybe the younger of the two can't bear being in the shadows of his twin brother anymore. Always being compared to his strong and reliable brother – he can't bear to endure it.

Resentment and Jealousy are fostered under being compared to his brother.

In the end, he decided that he wouldn't be able to live without Jonas being gone.

He collaborated with the enemies but he failed in the end.

That should be the end of Yohan Williams's story.