Part 2

This is a work of fiction and characters are based from the Turkish hit series Sen Cal Kapimi.

New  chapter Update... I hope this one sticks around.. 

have a good read!!!! 

============================================

Eda went to her office after Serkan left, leaving Kiraz to the care of her aunt. For a moment there she almost breakdown in front of him, good thing she controlled herself. They get to see Serkan every day, but only when he's sound asleep in his room. They haven't talked to him for months. He's very specific he doesn't want to talk to any stranger and that includes Eda and Kiraz.

For months Kiraz has been waiting for her father to come home, but still nothing. The doctors said it takes time or he may never get his memory back. He hit his head so hard he forgot the last six years of his life.

He even forgot his father died. The first time he woke up at the hospital after the accident, he was confused. When Eda came in, he was hysterical. Good thing Kiraz didn't witness that.

She heard a knock on her office door. She wiped the tears and answer. "Come in." Melek came in with a cup of coffee. "You okay?" she asked.

"Yes, Melo." and took a sip of coffee. This café was their second baby. He had designed this from scratch. A coffee shop on the ground floor with a huge office space and a terrace garden upstairs. He used to do his sketches here.

"Eda, you want to go home? You can take the afternoon off if you want. I'll take Kiraz home later after her class."

"No Melo. He said his coming back. I want to be here when he does."

"Dada, what if he doesn't remember you or Kiraz at all?"

"I don't know Melo. I don't want Kiraz to expect anything from this. She's been through enough already."

"You think he's ready to be told about you and Kiraz?"

"I don't know. I talked to his mom last night, he seems calmer now, but he still takes meds for him to be able to sleep." Eda said.

"Have you talked to his doctor?"

"Yes. He updates me every time he goes to therapy. So far, he's getting better, but still has no memory of anything from six years ago."

"Kiraz seem happy today."

"She finally got to hug her Dad today. She's thrilled and he promised he'll be back later."

"Are you sure you're up for that?"

"I don't know. Every time I see him from afar I want to run to him and hug him tight, but I can't. I miss him so much, Melo." She pressed the corner of her eyes to stop herself from crying. For five months, she had been crying every night, praying for him to come home to them. Melo hugged her. She had been there for both Eda and Kiraz after the accident. She even covered for her at the café just to make sure Eda was in the hospital the moment he woke up.

"It's going to work out fine eventually, Dada." Her best friend said. Melo was wiping the tears on her face when the office door opened and came in Kiraz.

"Hey, my baby." She gave the four year old girl a hug., then came in her Aunt Ayfer.

"Julia, is here. I told her to have her class at the terrace since the café is packed."

"Not a problem auntie. Come on in Julia. Have a sit, I'll get Kiraz' things ready." Eda stands up and get everything ready.

"How's school Julia?"

"Not as busy lately, Jan has been asking me about Kiraz. He misses her."

"Yes, Pyril mentioned it too. I've been packed lately, we forgot to visit them on weekends." She pulls a pink envelope from her drawer.

"Kiraz, come on, you'll be out in the garden today with teacher Julia." She placed the envelope on a small table near the bean bags.

"Do you want anything to drink Julia? Tea? Coffee? Apple juice?" she asked the teacher.

"Tea is fine, Eda. Thanks."

"I'll leave you two." She closed the glass door to the terrace and pressed the intercom to ask for a fresh cup of tea. Melo was still sitting on couch, trying to read Eda's face.

"What time will he be coming?" Melo asked.

"Maybe around four." Eda answered.

"You should probably hide his things here. Ayfer said the café is packed. And it's better if Kiraz and her Dad have this place to themselves don't you think?"

His mother was in the kitchen busy preparing lunch when he got home.

"Hey, Mom. That smells good." he said while getting a glass of water.

"Hey, it's almost lunch. Where have you been?" his mother asked.

"I went for a run, and then got into that new cafe three blocks from here. They have the best coffee."

"Maybe you should take me there on of these days?"

"Sure, I'm going to meet someone there later. You want to come along?"

"Really? Business meeting?"

"No, Engin handles all meetings for now. After the accident, I don't think I can handle such pressure for now."

"Then who are you meeting there?"

"The owner, I met her earlier and her adorable daughter Kiraz. I'll go take a shower, I'll be down for lunch in a bit." He placed the empty water bottle on the bin and head upstairs.

Aydan stared at her son's back. Five months ago, she thought she'd lost him. After the accident, Aydan was ready to give up. If not for her granddaughter and Eda, she would've. After seeing the state Serkan was in after getting hit by a car. She thought he would never survive. He had been in coma for ten days and when he woke up, he doesn't recognize anyone but her. Eda tried reaching out to him, but every time he sees someone he doesn't recognize he'd go ballistic.

He stayed for a month in the hospital, mostly sedated. He would start screaming the building up whenever he wakes up without his mother in the room. He'd calm down after seeing Aydan.

The doctors said it is a rare case of Retrograde Amnesia. In most cases patients usually forget only a few months to a year of memory before the accident. Serkan's case is different.

They thought he'd eventually remember, Eda and Kiraz wasn't allowed inside the room. Somehow they trigger his episodes. And after the doctor had explained the situation to Serkan, he finally calmed down a little, but still won't see anyone.

He's temporarily back to work, but is not given heavy workloads. Today, was the first time he'd been away from the house for a few hours. He goes to work every morning for almost a month now, but always comes home after an hour.
He mostly works at home or he's business partner and bestfriend Engin comes over to work with him.

This morning, after he left the house, Aydan, was expecting him to come back after his run. Eda called saying he went to the cafe. She followed him, scared he might do something that would hurt Eda, but after seeing Serkan with Kiraz, she backed out. Maybe today, is the day, he opens up again. She grabs her phone and texted someone.

He's incredibly happy today. Haven't seen him like this, just now. 

=========================================================

PS... Tell me what you think.

any suggestions, hit me up.. 

and I'm friendly, talk to me.. 

xoxo