Part 15

This is a work of fiction with characters based on the Turkish hit series Sen Cal Kapimi.

“If you can promise me anything, promise me that whenever you’re sad, or unsure, or you lose complete faith, that you’ll try to see yourself through my eyes.”

– Gerry, P.S I Love You

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The past months have been difficult specially with her state. The news of them having twins was both happy and scary.

"They're fine, their heartbeat seem normal, so there's no need to worry. You just need to slow down a little."

Her doctor said after they rushed to the hospital, she was around four months pregnant then. She had been feeling a little heavy and had been experiencing palpitations the last couple of days.

Eda was laying on a hospital bed, feeling the cool gel her OB applied while she check her pregnant belly through the ultrasound machine.

"Sorry, they?" Serkan blurted.

"Yes, if im not mistaken, i hear two heartbeats. It seems to me that you're having twins." The doctor turn the monitor for them to see, pointing at two embryos. Both her and Serkan we're delighted with the news.

"But please, Eda. I know how you love to work. Be extra careful, this is different this time." They both nod in unison.

"Now, do you want to know the genders?" They looked at each other and smile. "No doctor, we'd rather be surprised. As long as both are healthy." Serkan said, holding his wife's hand.

"Okay. Make sure she gets enough rest."

After that, Serkan made sure Eda was taken cared of. Made sure to pick her and Kiraz from the café, made sure she didn't have to worry about anything both at home and at the café. 

Whenever he needed to work out of the country or out of town, he made sure there was someone staying with his pregnant wife.

At six months, he needed to fly to the Germany for a symposium and was having second thoughts on leaving. Ayfer needed to leave for Mardin and Melo wasn't available for she had work. Everyone seem occupied.

"Love, we'll be fine. It's just for two days."
"But Eda, you're six months pregnant and you have Kiraz. Engin can go alone, I'll stay with you."

"Serkan, listen to me. I can manage, really. And I have people at the café who can help."

"It's not the you working in the café I'm worried about. It's when you're home. You only have a five year old with you."

"Melo said she'll be staying with us during the night. We'll be fine." Rubbing her thumb on his face.

He sighed as a sign of surrender. "Fine. I'll call every hour, you need to answer that phone of yours."

"Gosh, yes sir. Will do. I'll miss you though." She pouted her lips and wrapped around her arms on his torso.

"Hmmm, you big baby. I love you."

"I love you too." And puckered her lips for a kiss. Serkan left two days later but came right back a day later. He was too anxious of leaving Eda alone, he left Engin and came home.

At eight months, her belly is almost twice larger than when she was pregnant with Kiraz. She had been advised to stay home, and have been helping with the cafe only when Serkan was around. Serkan also made sure, all his appointments abroad was either moved, or he would send someone else to do the task.