Two

Genevieve

I was so nervous. Sitting across from my sister all I could think about was Kelly on the other side of the door.

"Are you listening to me?" I looked up at my sister, who had her eyebrow raised at me.

"Umm yes?" I ask hesitantly.

"Go tell Kelly she can leave early. You're not good company right now." Scarlett chuckled and waved her hand. I fought back my grin but it was pointless. I left quietly, not to wake Briella and headed out to Kelly.

"Hi honey." Kelly smiles up at me. It always gives me a warm feeling in my belly when she smiles at me.

"Hi." I know I'm blushing but there isn't anything I can do about it. "Scarlett said we can leave."

"She did?" I nod, "Okay, let's go." She stands up after shutting off her computer and grabbing her purse. She reaches for my hand and I take it without even thinking about it and blush again.

"Are we meeting Henry?" I ask quietly as we wait in the elevator.

"Yes. I'll text him to let him know we're leaving so he can see if they'll move our reservation up." Kelly starts texting with one hand, not letting mine go as I shuffle on my feet.

"Reservation? Am I dressed okay?" I look down at my leggings, jean jacket and plain black t-shirt.

"You look beautiful." Kelly leans over to kiss my cheek. She smiles and I hear her chuckle when I try to hide my blush.

***

"There you are!" Henry smiles as we walk up to the table, hand in hand. He leans down and kisses my forehead before kissing Kelly's lips and I find myself staring at them. She smiles at him as he pulls away, and pulls out our chairs for us. Henry sits across the table and the waiter comes over, taking our drink orders. As soon as we're alone, Henry gives me a warm smile, "How was class today?"

"Good. I'm glad it's over though." I sigh when I think about all my homework.

"You're going through for law right?"

"Yeah, but I don't know if I want to be a lawyer. I think I'm better suited for a paralegal because I don't like arguing, especially in front of people. And now that-." I cut myself off thinking about how being a little will effect my future. I didn't know when I decided down this path and now I'm second guessing everything. Could I even be a lawyer and a little?

"You don't have to decide right now, honey. If you think being a paralegal will make you happy then that's what you should do. But don't ever think that you have to do anything because of limitations because as far as I'm concerned, you have none." Kelly places her hand on my knee and kisses my cheek causing it to flush.

"Thank you." I say just above a whisper.

"If you ever want to come to work with me for a day to see what it's actually like after you graduate, I'm more than happy to show you the ropes." Henry winks at me and I giggle while nodding my head enthusiastically. That actually sounds fun.

"Isla, how was your day?" Henry turns to Kelly and I furrow my brow. Who is Isla?

"It was good, love. But got even better when I got a visitor." Kelly squeezed my knee and I am reminded that her hand is still there.

"Isla?" I ask, looking between the two of them.

"Isla is my real name. Isla Kelly Monroe, but people mispronounce and misspell Isla so I usually go by Kelly."

"I like Isla. It sounds pretty." I say and then my eyes go wide. Totally did not mean to say that out loud.

"Thank you, baby." Isla smiles at me and I blush again.