Eight

Isla

I wake up feeling too hot. It's also way too early to be awake. The first thing I notice is that I can't move, immediately after which, I notice a wet and strange sensation on my breast. Once my eyes adjust to the darkness, I see blonde hair and panic thinking Briella got into bed with me. I instantly relax when I realize it's Genny, but the panic rises again when I see her sucking my nipple through my tank top. Does she want to breastfeed or am I reading too much into it? Maybe she doesn't realize she's doing it. It doesn't take me long to decide the tank top has to go. I hate wearing wet clothes. Genny grunts when I pull away from her and quickly dispose of my shirt. I pull her closer and she releases a cute little sigh. I'm almost back to sleep when I feel her nuzzling her face in my chest. She doesn't find my nipple in her sleepy state, but she seems content enough with the skin contact.

***

"Mommy?"

I slowly open my eyes to see Genny still wrapped up tight in my arms. "Good morning sweetie."

"You naked, Mommy." Genny giggles.

"I am not. I have my underwear on." I cross my eyes and make a funny face at her.

There is a soft knock on the door and I pull the blanket up to cover my chest. "Come in." I call softly to Briella. She toddles in, climbing on the end of the bed. "Good morning, honey." I give her a soft smile.

"Mornin'." She uses her stuffie to cover her mouth. "Genny not in bed."

"Nope, Genny crawled in my bed. Did you miss her?" I ask Bri.

"Kitty."

"Did Toulouse sleep with you?" I make my eyes big and give her a smile when she nods eagerly. "He must like you then." Briella nods again.

"Mama come?" She tilts her head slightly.

"After breakfast. Do you want a baba first?" At her nod, I turn to Genny. "Can you get Mommy a sweater from the closet please?" Genny's face lights up. She loves to be helpful.

"Yes Mommy!" She climbs off the bed and all but runs to our closet. She comes out with two of Henry's hoodies and I hold back a giggle as she hands me one, keeping her death grip on the other.

"Do you want to wear that one?" I ask her, reaching out my hand.

"Mommy help?" She tilts her head the same way Briella does and makes my heart melt even more.

"I'll help you baby." I pull the hoodie on her and we make our way to Genny's room to get a hoodie for Bri; per her request.

I take the littles to the living room and put on some cartoons, "Baba? P'ease?" Briella pleads up at me. I'll take her asking for a bottle over her crying for Scarlett any day.

"Sure honey. Let me warm one up." I wink at her and head to the kitchen. I take one of the pre made bottles from the fridge and start warming it up. I also start on coffee for me while I text Henry and Scarlett. Henry is ready to come home; no surprise there. Scarlett is ready to come get her baby. I tell her to come on over for breakfast if they want. That will be a nice surprise for Bri.

I check the bottle to make sure it isn't too hot but pause as I'm leaving the kitchen. I cleaned the empty bottle last night and it's still on my drying rack. I hmm and haw over it before pouring some milk in it from our fridge and warming it up. I make sure not to mix them up as I walk into the living room and give Briella her bottle of breast milk and hand the one with regular milk to Genny. She gives me a funny look so I smile trying to calm her down, "It's regular milk honey I promise." I kiss her head and go back to the kitchen.

Do I know if she'll drink it? No.

Am I betting she will if she thinks no one is watching? Yes.

I get the eggs, hash browns, and peamel bacon done when I hear a knock at the door. Briella comes running to me with her empty bottle. "Mama and Mommy!?" She asks me excitedly as she bounces on her toes.

"Why don't we check?" I take the bottle and set it on the counter before I pick her up; struggling only a little and head for the front door. I look through the peep hole and smile at Briella, "You look." I hold her closer to the door and she gasps when she sees her mommies.

I pull the door open and the little girl in my arms squeals, "Mama! Mommy!" She reaches for them, practically diving out of my arms.

"Hi sweetheart! We missed you." Scarlett kisses Bri's cheek at the same time as Camden, making their little girl giggle.

"Missed you too!" She touches Scarlett's breast and gives her the puppy dog eyes, "Milk?"

"Is that all I'm good for?" Scarlett makes a funny face as I usher them in.

"Noooo." Briella giggles again.

"Did you already have a baba?" Camden raises and eyebrow and gives Bri a pointed look like she already knows the answer.

Briella whines in response. "After breakfast baby."

"It's ready." I smile and point them towards the kitchen before going to get my little girl. "Breakfast honey. And your sisters here." Genny gives me a hug before skipping to the kitchen. I can't help but smile and shake my head. She's so adorable and I'm glad she's comfortable here. I take a quick look around, noticing the bottle I left on the coffee table is gone.

I finally find it in the couch cushion. It's empty.

"Huh." I need to have a little chat it Genny.