Nine

Genevieve

I know I'm supposed to be in bed, but how can I sleep right now? I saw Daddy walk in with chocolate covered strawberries and a can of whipped cream! Which is the best kind.

Mommy put me in bed after bath time and stories but I was too nervous to ask for a bottle. I know I'm a big girl but I still want it. I don't want Mommy and Daddy to think I'm a baby.

I sneak down the hall and I can hear music playing softly from downstairs. The open concept of this house makes sneaking around difficult but I'm a master sneaker. I get on my belly on the carpet and army crawl. I stop and cover my mouth when I almost giggle thinking about crawling through mud like this. That would be super fun. I keep going until I can see the living room from up here and I see Mommy and Daddy swaying to the music in each other's arms and Mommy's giggling. I lay on my belly and watch them as they whisper to each other. I wonder if they're talking about me. Mommy took off her heels so she looks really short compared to Daddy.

They start kissing and I giggle. Toulouse meows at me and starts rubbing up against me. He's going to give away my hiding spot!

Isla

I kiss Henry lazily. I missed him this weekend and I thought he forgot about our first date anniversary. I know it's not a real thing, but we usually do something special regardless. I smile against his lips when I hear a giggle, "We have an audience."

"Hmm?" Henry pulls back slightly and opens his eyes. I look up the stairs without moving my head and Henry turns to see our little girl trying to crawl away from Toulouse.

"Genny?" Henry calls up to her and she freezes in place. She's absolutely adorable.

"Yes Daddy?" Genny pouts at us as we make our way to the stairs hand in hand.

"Aren't you supposed to be sleeping?" He raises an eyebrow at her and she starts chewing on her lip. I fight to hold in a grin as she tries to come up with something.

"Nooo... Toulouse made me get out of bed. He was being naughty." She smiles up at Henry as he bends to pick her up.

"Is that so? Well let's just get you two back in bed then and Mommy and I will take care of Toulouse." Genny's face falls and she starts struggling in his arms to get down.

"No Daddy!"

We both freeze and watch our normally very well behaved little girl have a meltdown and thrash around.

"Genevieve." Henry says sternly, not letting her go.

"She's over tired. She didn't get a nap today, babe. Just try to comfort her, I have an idea." As soon as I turn to walk away, Genny starts crying louder.

"Mommy!?"

I hurry downstairs and grab one of the new bottles I bought. Thank god I sterilized these this morning. I quickly heat up a bottle of milk and head up to Genny's room to find her still crying her little heart out. She is laying limp in Henry's arms with her head on his shoulder while he paces the room with her.

"Here we go, come here sugar." I take Genny from Henry and head to the rocking chair. Genny snuggles against my chest as she continues to cry. I don't even think she knows why she's still crying at this point. I get her situated and bring the bottle to her lips. She hesitates for only a second before latching onto the bottle and guzzling down the warm milk.

"How'd you know that would work?" Henry asks softly after Genny's eyes close.

"She had a bottle when Briella was here and she tried to hide it, acting like she didn't like it but she finished the whole thing. I don't know why she's fighting it but she obviously likes it." I look down at her soft features as she suckles.

After the bottle is gone, I rock Genny for a little longer making sure she is deep in sleep. I smile up at Henry as he leans down to kiss my lips. "Can you put her in bed?" I whisper against his lips.

"Sure, hun." He leans down and kisses Genny's forehead before lifting her out of my arms and transferring her over to her bed. I follow him as we tuck her in and I kiss her cheek.

I take Henry's hand as he leads us to our bedroom. I smirk as he wiggles his eyebrows at me and closes the door. "I missed you." I'm pulled into his arms and can instantly feel his erection against my stomach.

"Hmmm I missed you too." I mumble between kisses.

"How much?" Henry smiles against my neck as he starts laying kisses down to my collarbone. I lean to the right to give him more access and moan softly.

"Enough to do that thing you like." I smirk as Henry stills. I secretly love it too but I won't tell him that. It doesn't happen often, so it's better when it happens.

"Really?" Henry looks down at me with slightly widened eyes. I smirk up at him, stand on my top toes and nip his jaw.

"Mmmhmm."