We'll Settle This Tonight!

Pretty soon it was the last day of the World Duel Carnival, and Yuma was still trying to win his Final Heart Piece before sundown. At the hospital, Shark was visiting Rio since he already had qualified for the Finals... The older sibling was so angry and upset at Quattro for hurting innocent people when his grudge with him and him alone! "I just don't get it, Rio... I mean it was one thing to set me up, getting me disqualified from the Nationals and putting you in the hospital... But hurting Casewell, Bronk, Kite, Hart, and especially Yuma without giving me a good reason about why he and his family did all of this, especially with Yuma's parents trapped in Astral World?! I want answers and I'll stop at nothing to get them!"

His mind flashes back to what Yuma told him about his father being alive in Astral World last night...

"So wait, Quinton said that your father's in Astral World? But why?"

Yuma shook his head sadly, unable to get an answer from Quattro's older brother before he vanished. "I asked him that but vanished before I could get an answer... My Grandma said that Doctor Faker went on an expedition with him! In fact, it was my father's last expedition before disappearing! I wanna see him and Mom again more than anything, but... Well, with all the confusing unhidden truths about Kite's, yours, and Quattro's families, I just don't know what to believe anymore!"

Shark's ocean eyes softened at Yuma's dilemma before sitting next to him, frowning solemnly... "Hey, Yuma... I know that today was a bit overwhelming; learning about who Quattro truly was, seeing him and his brothers hurt Kite and Hart, and learning that your father's trapped in Astral World... And to be completely honest, if it were me and Rio learning the same thing about our parents, I can't say that I wouldn't be feeling the same way! But just know that no matter what dark secrets this tournament brings, I will be right there by your side, both in support and in spirit!"

Yuma smiled before embracing Shark, feeling a lot better... "Thank you for protecting my Golden Key from Kite earlier..."

"Hey, you've got it!"

Shark hears Kite enter, needing something to get his mind off Hart for a while. "Hey Kite...

"Hey Shark, your sister Rio still hasn't woken up yet?"

"No... It's been almost three days since Yuma and I talked here... That's the longest we've gone since, well since we first met!"

"And how did you two meet?"

Shark smiles, knowing the day he met Yuma changed his life for the better... "After Quattro set me up at the Nationals and put Rio in the hospital, he put me on a dark path! After that, I lost sight of who I was as both a person and as a Duelist! When I took Bronk's Deck, that's when I met Yuma... I'll never forget it, we were all laughing, then he goes and challenges me! And when he and Astral did beat me, he did so much to help me regain sight of who I used to be... Before I knew it, Kite, I liked the kid! Before I knew it, we were friends!"

His mind flashes back to the day he gave Yuma his Armored Xyz card...

"I'm outta here!"

"Wait up! Your Armored Xyz, don't you want it back?"

"Nah, keep it!"

"You sure?"

"Yeah, you can use all the help you can get!"

"I'm the one who helped you!"

"(SMILES BEFORE LEAVING) Later!"

"(SMILES AS HE AND SHARK FINALLY DEPART AS FRIENDS...)"

Shark suddenly hears Yuma's voice from outside the room. "Trey, wait up!"

"Huh?! What in the world?!"

Kite sees Shark runs out before following him! "Wait up!"

When they get outside the room, they see Trey and Yuma talking, much to Kite's shock! "It's Yuma! And I think that boy is Quinton's and Quattro's younger brother!"

"After seeing Shark stand up for you, bonding over your friendship, and Dueling you, I think I understand now, Yuma... It's your family, they give you power! It's not the same with me... My family is different from yours; it wasn't always that way, we used to be as happy as your family is! The day we swore we get revenge on our enemies everything changed, it was like we became different people! Maybe... Once we do get our revenge, we'll go back to the way we were... You're in our way! We can't get vengeance because you keep getting in our way! I will find a way to defeat you... For the sake of my family, I must!"

"You're wrong, Trey! Revenge isn't the answer; it'll only just destroy you!"

"I have to be loyal to my family!"

"But Trey--"

Shark couldn't stay silent any longer and spoke up before Kite or Yuma could say anything... "Trey, take it from someone who knows... Getting revenge won't bring your family back! I used to love Dueling before I met Quattro... But if I Duel like him, I'm gonna grow to hate it, and I'll learn to hate myself too! And if you don't realize that, you'll destroy yourself with hate like I almost did!"

"I'll do whatever I have to, Shark!"

"Oh yeah?"

"Think you can stop me, Kite?!"

Before either his best friend or rival could do something, Yuma beat them to it! "Yeah, I'm challenging you, Trey! We are gonna Duel!"

Kite and Shark were shocked at Yuma's answer! Even Trey was surprised! "Right here and now?"

"That's right, you heard me. I won't take no for an answer!"

Trey smirked evilly, he was hoping to Duel Yuma anyway! "You're on! I'd never turn down the chance to make this the worse day of your life! Meet me at the Heartland construction bridge in one hour!"

As Trey leaves, Kite knows that this is a bad idea! "Yuma, uh not that I care but, don't you think that this Duel might be a bad idea, especially if it's unwise to Duel Trey while he's angry?"

Yuma knew that his rival had a good point but he had to beat Trey in order to advance in the tournament and get the answers about the past! "I won't ditch my friends for my own benefits, I'm not leaving them behind when running away from my problems isn't going to solve anything! That's just not what I'm about, Kite!"

And without another word, Yuma runs out of the hospital leaving Shark and Kite shocked! "Yuma!"

"Yuma! Wait up!"

Before he could run after his best friend, he sees Rio grab onto his wrist, fearing Yuma's safety as much as he does! "Rio..."

Kite frowns solemnly, hoping that Yuma knows what he's doing... "Be careful, very careful!"

Shark nods, for once he and Kite could agree on something.