Fourteen

Juniper was sat in Raphael's office chair, he looked over her shoulder with one hand braced on the back of the chair and the other on the desk.

They clicked through various photos of old mugshots of witches that matched the description Juniper gave.

He sighed tiredly as he took a sip of his coffee. Juniper scowled over the hot chocolate she was drinking out of a mug she stole from a man in another office.

"This is dumb."

"I agree," her mate grunted.

"One second," she leaned forward. He watched her begin to type in the area she was in at the time of the encounter.

She bit her thumb nail as she read quickly.

His eyes drifted from the computer to her side profile, she nibbled on her lip while typing.

Her blue hair fell into her eyes and he didn't stop himself from pushing it away.

She glanced up in surprise, blinking a couple times up at him.

Raphael's eyes darkened as he was leaning over her, gaze dropping to her lips.

Juniper had lost her train of thought, reluctant to admit it.

His pink lips were practically a beacon for her attention, something inside of her ached to feel them against her.

"Um..." she swallowed dryly. "I found her," she whispered.

It took a second for him to process what she said, furrowing his brow before sliding his eyes to the screen.

A profile picture of an older woman with stark yellow hair that was graying was displayed. She was of asian decent with a straight face staring back in the camera.

Haley Kim it read as her name.

"Sneaky little cunt moves her shop all around the country I was in. That's why it was hard to look her up," she leaned back in the chair.

"And you're positive its her?"

Her narrowed eyes cut to Raphael, glaring at the doubt.

He sighed, "I just need to be sure before I put word out. Despite what everyone in the Legion likes to think, I still have a lot of followers in the mainlands. If I tell someone to bring me her head, it'll be here by next week Juniper."

His tone was serious as he tried to convey the weight of them.

Juniper's eyes lit up a little, a slow smirk tugging at her mouth.

She knelt up on the chair so his face hovered just above hers. Juniper hummed lowly as she sucked on her bottom pouty lip.

She brushed her dainty fingers along his cheek, her smirk growing.

"If you brought her head to me," she spoke lowly in a hushed whisper. "I'd make it worth your while." Her breath fanned his lips as his heart thudded in his chest.

"Yeah?" he husked.

"Mhm," she trailed her hand down his face and the side of his neck.

"Then her head is yours."

She smiled with low lidded eyes, basking in the fact that he was allowing her to touch him as she pleased.

She rubbed his strong neck gently, watching the movement with interest. Raphael's breaths had picked up a little as she wound him up with such little gestures.

It was sending tingles through his entire body, his eyes wanted to shut in bliss.

"I'm going to hold you to that, Raph," she whispered. He nodded breathily, their faces leaning towards one another.