Thirty Two

Juniper sat in Raphael's office chair as she cross referenced locations his group picked out and spikes in magic use.

Beneath the massive desk and chair that was much too tall for her, she kicked her legs.

Once she was finished, she realized it'd been hours since she'd started.

Furrowing her brow she wondered, where is her mate?

Pushing the papers into a pile, she walked around the downstairs of the house to see Bear on the couch by himself.

Eventually, Juniper meandered into their room where she saw the bathroom door open.

In sweatpants, shirtless Raphael was cleaning the bathroom with the most cleaning products she'd ever seen

"Are we hiding a body?" her voice caught him off guard obviously as he hit his head on the cabinet.

Sitting back, he looked up at her.

"I was trying to finish before you were done."

Juniper glanced around and saw he'd cleaned their room as well.

"I could've helped you, I don't want you to do this alone anymore if I'm living here," she pressed her hands to her hips with a frown.

Raphael shook his head, "I-" he cleared his throat while rubbing his hands on his sweats. "I have a certain way to do it."

Juniper nodded slowly, her mate was surprised when she sat on the floor besides him.

"I'll learn how to do it your way then."

Immediately he scowled, "No it's stupid just let me do it."

"I'll fight you if you don't show me."

Raphael's eyes widened and he turned his head to look at her as if she was crazy. He was caught off guard when her face was right besides his own. They stared at each other heatedly.

Her eyes glanced down to his lips before quickly kissing them.

He smirked, "You lost." It'd been a silent competition of their staring contests- who would break first?

"Shut up and show me how you do it."

Juniper spent the next forty minutes learning Raphael's obsessive cleaning routine, never once complaining.

"Is this why you didn't want a dog?"

Her question was quiet as she rest her cheek against his broad shoulder, chest pressed to his back.

Pursing his lips, he shrugged.

"Why didn't you tell me," she sighed quietly.

"We aren't exactly masters of communication now are we?" he rolled his eyes with a sarcastic tone.

When she didn't say anything in response, thinking quietly Raphael continued.

"He's not as bad as I thought he'd be. I just vacuum twice instead of once. He's grown on me, just like his owner-" he side eyed her.

Turning to face him, she smushed her other cheek on the same shoulder so their faces were as close as possible without touching.

"Are you sure?" her tone was worried and riddled with conflict. She loved her dog, but she... lov-liked her mate and wanted him comfortable in his own home.

"I'm positive baby," he mumbled. "He's your dog. This is your house too."

Humming, she wrapped her arms around his shoulders.