Flashback

"Barbatos!"

A goddess approached him. Of course, he couldn't talk,he was a mere wind spirit. But the wind was a powerful tool, one that could easily be used to communicate. 

Barbatos moved around and buzzed. The goddess was the god of sea breeze, ruthless, but having a smile that could melt hearts, destroying her opponents with ease, nothing being in her path. 

"Look what I found! Its a new flower, one that has never been seen before! What should we name it?" 

Barbatos moved once again, this time in a different pattern. 

"hm, where I found it? I found it near the civilization of the Cecilias... Wait, you think I should name it after them? That's a good idea! Let's call it Cecilia!" 

Barbatos smiled. 

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

There had been a huge flood. Osial was attacking the region where she and her people were currently located. Situating right on the shore, which she shared with Osial, she had friendly relations with him. This was a direct betrayal, and aside from that, the gods at Guili Civilization were helping her too. She could easily survive it, but what about her people? And so, even though Barbatos could do nothing, he went right into the battlefield, wanting to help his friend.

All he saw was betrayal. The adepti were helping her's and the guili civilization's people. That was the only positive thing that was happening at that time. 

The situation was worse than he thought. 

She was fighting alongside Morax, the god of rocks, and was fighting against 4 extremely powerful gods. 

Osial, Beisht, Guizhong and Orobashi. 

Deep inside, Barbatos knew, She stood no chance against them. He wanted to help, but how would a puny little wind spirit help in any way? 

In the end, he saw her die. The one who helped him and the bard free Monstadt. His only friend, one who had been there for him. In the end, he had lost both the people he cared for. The most he could do, was to carry on their legacy, protect the city they loved so much.