Trust

"Aether, what do you think we should do with her?"

A squeaky voice is the first sound I hear. The voice, its clear as day that it belongs to spymon.  

"we can't leave her here" a sort of deep voice answers back. 

I open my eyes. I am at a beach and I see Spymon and Aether. 

"oh? you are awake!"

yeah its Paimon, but I cant show that I know who she is, so I reply like what an amnesiac would. 

"Wh-who are you? Where am I?"

"Hello! This is Aether", paimon says as she points towards Aether and "Paimon's name is Paimon! Do you not remember who you are?" 

This girl really doesn't know what amnesia is, does she? Most patients suffering through amnesia remember who they are, but to be fair on her I am a psychiatry student. 

Not am, was. 

I am now in a game. 

Either way, I reply with-

"I- I do know that I am y/n- I can't recall my last name- and- I don't remember anything else." I say.

"I see. You fell from the sky" Aether says, as he points towards the night sky. I am awestruck. SO MANY STARS IN ONE PLACE!? This feels more surreal than being isekaid!

Aether gestured towards a place near a cliff as he nudged spymon.

"Paimon and Aether will be right back! We just need to talk about something, okay y/n?"

"Um, alright?"

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"could y/n be a traveler from another world like you, but the unknown god took her memories instead?"

"Your theory explains a lot Paimon, but she could be one of those archons you were telling me about."

"hmmm, she has an electro 'vision' but it could be just for show. The unknown god might have given the task to spy on us and she was the electro archon!" 

"That might explain a lot. Guess you aren't as stupid as I thought huh Paimon"

"Hey! Paimon isn't stupid! But let's go back to y/n, she might be getting bored!" 

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

I know that they went to talk about what to do with me and what my identity was. 

In short, they don't trust me. 

So I have to expand on the amnesiac act a little more. The unknown god should've taken the mechanics of this world from my brain, but now that she hasn't done that, its up to me to fake the lack of knowledge. 

"Paimon's backkk!" The floating child floats towards me and is accompanied by Aether. 

"So, since its night, I had found a cave nearby so you can rest there." he says.

"Ah thank you, what about you? Where will you rest?" I ask him. 

Fake concern to get him to trust me. 

"I'll rest here" 

"Here? On sand? I don't think that's okay, I would hate it if sand went into my clothes. Its a really irritating feeling. Maybe we could share the cave?"

"We could..."

"Great! Let's go to the cave then. Please guide me!" I say. Aether's face looks more trusting. I am going in the right direction.