15

Jisoo greeted everyone and Jinyoung's mom came near her to bring her to a vacant seat prepared for her.

The guest were the same familiar faces.

Jinyoung's mom and dad, his older sisters Soo Young and Bo Young, Kyle and her family, and the little girl Kaia Julliete.

Soo Young and Bo Young unnie went to Jisoo and gave her a tight hug. They used to support Jinyoung and Jisoo, in secret. When their relationship ended, the two older sisters felt sorry for not being able to do anything for them.

"Jisoo! I miss you!" Bo Young unnie said.

"I miss you too!" She said.

"I've heard about your drama, congrats Jisoo! We're so proud of you!" Soo Young unnie said.

They talked and talked until Jinyoung's dad invited everyone to sing a birthday song for Jinyoung. They recorded the video so they can show it to him when he's discharged from his military. Kaia was the one to blow the candle. Everyone cheered and then they all took pictures here and there. Jisoo even took a solo picture.

Then, they all started eating. It was a very simple and peaceful celebration.

Right after the dinner, Kyle approached Jisoo inviting her to have a one on one talk. She left Kaia with her mother.

They decided to go by the balcony. Cold air welcomed Jisoo, gladly she wasn't that cold due to her clothes.

"Words can never be enough and I know that. But, Jisoo I want to tell you how sorry I am for what ai have done."

"I was too pressured by my parents to go after Jinyoung that I went and did all those things. I went pass the line because of craving too much validation from my parents."

"It was wrong, no matter what my reason is, what I did was wrong very wrong."

"Kaia's dad was my ex boyfriend. Honestly, I don't know where he is right now and I barely care about him."

"I am very happy and contented of my life specially when I had Kaia."

"She was a gift from heaven, and as much as I hated her father or even the fact that she reminded me of how much of an asshole I was in the past, I love her way too much that it doesn't matter to me anymore."

"However, what matters was you. I would forever be followed by the guilt I am feeling and I just know it would never leave me."

"Just like my guilt, I know one thing that barely leaves a person. Trauma."

" I am asking you genuinely if am I still giving you a hard time, if the past still haunts you because I am willing to do anything you want for compensation." Kyle said apologetically, Jisoo could feel the sincerity of her words, how she felt really sorry and how it has been bugging her for so long.

Jisoo smiled and held Kyle's hand, she could feel it shake probably terrified of Jisoo's reaction.

"I was hurt, so bad, I lost a lot, even myself. But what will I gain if I keep on dwelling on the past?"

"It was an experience that broke my heart so bad it thought me how painful love can be."

"It made me hate myself thinking it was all because of me. That everything went crazy because of my own decisions."

"But honestly, I thought it was not right to say it was my fault because I was fighting, badly, for Jinyoung and I."

"So I want to tell you that I may not yet forget, and I may not ever forget about the past but I have already forgiven you long enough. Just like how I did for myself after losing my dad." Jisoo said emotionally, she felt some of her tears drop. It was also the same thing for Kyle.