The Beginning: Sorting

When asked what her favorite part of that summer was, Rose would likely say training Valor. However, she would think very differently. She would remember running through the rain in her best dress, and the warmth of her siblings' bodies as they pressed together for a late night story time. In her mind, the best part of that summer was being Rose Wilson for one last time.
Now, to some that might sound silly. Rose was always going to be Rose Wilson, and nothing could ever change that. Right?

Wrong. Being told she was a Potter could change that.

After having both Ms. Weasley and the wand guy mention the name Harry Potter, Rose just had to find out who he was. So she had snuck back into the bookstore and had bought the first book that she saw the name in.

It was a book about the rise and fall of dark magic, and by the time Rose saw Harry's name, the spine of the brand-new book was cracked, and the pages had had more than a few things spill on them. . When she did see his name, though, she learned that he was the only son of Lily and James Potter.
Those were Rose's biological parents' names.
It would not have taken a genius to figure out the rest, but thankfully Rose was one. 

~~~
Rose has decided to not tell Ivy, which seemed like a smart decision at the time. Later, it proved not to be.

The summer went by too fast, and before they knew it the siblings were at King's Cross Station. According to their tickets, Rose and Ivy were to go onto platform nine and three-quarters, but there appeared to be no such place. The siblings were freaking out as the huddled together near Platform 10.

"I guess we should, um, ask someone?" Danny suggested.
The twins nodded, and began to look around for someone who looked like a magical being. Or maybe just someone else with odd birds and cats on their cart. They couldn't seem to find anyone, but maybe they were too early. It was only 10 o'clock, and the train didn't depart until 11. However, Danny also had a train to catch, and that one left at 10:30.
Danny looked down at his watch, and sighed. "I've got to get on my train soon," he sighed, biting his lip as he looked around once more, in hopes of seeing someone who could help them.
Ivy looked up at Danny, and smiled, "You are going to be great, Daniel Wilson. I swear." She leaned in for a hug, and Danny held her there for a solid minute before letting go. Rose stopped scanning the crowd for a minute to join the hug. Danny watched the twins as he pulled back.

"You'll write?" He asked.

"Everyday," Ivy smiled.

"Will you?" Rose looked hopeful.

"Yeah, I will," Danny said. He began to push his cart away, but looked over his shoulder at the girls. "I love you."

"Love you, too," the girls said at the same time, but not in a joyous way.

Danny would never admit to anyone that he cried as he walked away.

~~~

About ten minutes later, Ivy recognized a bleach-blond boy in the crowd.

"Orion!" She called, waving him over. A smile lit up his previously sour-looking face. He tugged on the sleeve of a tall man standing next to him, pointing over towards Rose and Ivy. The man gave the twins a cold, hard stare, but then gave a slight nod towards Orion. Orion pushed his cart over to the twins.

"Nice to see you again, Ivy," Orion's words sounded formal, but his smile said differently. "Is this your sister?"

"Yes. Orion, this is Rose," Ivy introduced her sister to the boy as Rose gave a quick wave to him. Orion looked back over his shoulder, only to see the man giving him a pointed look.

"Will I see you on the train?" He asked, to which both girls nodded. "Great, goodbye!" As he began to walk back to the man, Ivy leaned out and grabbed his arm.