Chapter 40

Chapter 40: It Almost Made Sense; Almost

Apollo 
It took a while before I was back on my foot. I'm stuck using crutches until I'm healed enough for a prosthetic. I walked over to Lucifer's room he's been there for a while since his internal injuries were severe. I peeked into the room to find Diana. She was laying down in the bed with Lucifer cuddled into her side.

"Niki," she said.

"Diana... You told him?" I asked. She spoke her head.

"Not everything. Mother is wanting you back y'know. She gave me a call the other day. Wondering what's going on," Diana said.

"I don't know what's going on either. I'll meet her soon. I've got a proposal for you two. If I may," I said.

"I can't make any decisions for him. I don't see it fit since I've left him alone for so long," Diana whispered as she runs her fingers in his hair.

"I understand. Lucifer?" I said. Lucifer hummed a response.

"I've got a proposal for you. Would you like to relocate? For your safety and the others?" I asked. He's a bit more awake now.

"What?"

"Would you like to move to the States? It'll be safer," I assured him.

"I don't know," Lucifer whispered. He looked up at me. I handed him an envelope, everything he needed to start again.

"Wilbur would go with you, and so would Jace and the others. Their parents would love to go and help you. Lucifer this is the best course of action," I said tapping the envelope in his hands. I heard the door.

"But I just got my Mom back? I don't want her to leave," he whispered. Diana ruffled his hair.

"I'd leave with you. If you will have me, I'd love to be a part of your life. As much as you want my angel," she said. Lucifer's eyes lit up.

"Really mom?" His voice quivered.

"Of course my angel," she said. The two were hugging and crying again. I stood up, honestly exhausted from the emotional rollercoaster.

"Think about it," I said. I nodded toward her, she nodded back. I left, closing the door behind me. Ares's room is just down the hall. I walked over. I couldn't open the door. My hand burned each time I reached for the handle. Instead, I go down the hall. My footsteps were startling. I glanced in a room to find Bella reading some books to her two teenage boys. The two cuddled into her sides, eyes closed. She looked up at me.

"Marshall?"

"Maybe we can chat sometime Mrs Belle," I whispered. She nodded, and her gaze lingered before she went back to reading. I found another room. It's Anthony's. Sam was in the chair next to him. Tony was pale, a tube down his throat, so many wires. His uncle on the opposite side, as he held Tony's hand. Begging him not to go. Tony looked at me, with tired eyes. His hand trembled as he wrote on the small chalkboard on his lap.

ₐᵣₑ yₒᵤ gₒₙₙₐ ₜₐₖₑ cₐᵣₑ ₒf ₜₕₑₘ? ₜₐₖₑ cₐᵣₑ ₒf ₘy ₛₐₘ?

I licked my lips, my mouth dry. I couldn't breathe, it's too hot. It's cold, I'm cold. The snow is on the boy but he doesn't care. Instead, he made a small heart with his index finger and thumb. I can't find the words, so instead, I nod. I cross my heart with my index finger. He erased the board and writes something else.

ₜₑₗₗ ₜₕₑₘ ᵢ'ₘ gₗₐd ₜₕₑy wₑᵣₑ ₘy fₐₘᵢₗy. ₜₑₗₗ ₘy ᵤₙcₗₑ ₕₑ wₐₛₙ'ₜ ₚₑᵣfₑcₜ, bᵤₜ ₕₑ wₐₛ ₑₙₒᵤgₕ