4.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Elizabeth woke up to the sounds of birds outside her window, their cheerful chirps dancing through her dreams. As she blinked against the morning light, a smile spread across her face; the familiar surroundings of her dorm enveloped her in warmth. The soft rays of the sun painted the room in golden hues, coaxing her out of bed. She glanced at her watch, noting that she still had some time before first period.

After retrieving her new uniform, she made her way to the bathroom. The refreshing shower revived her senses, and as she brushed her teeth, she felt a thrill of anticipation for the day ahead. She carefully washed her face and indulged in her skincare routine, followed by a touch of light makeup that accentuated her natural beauty. She combed her dark hair, allowing it to cascade down her back like a waterfall, and adorned it with delicate flower clips. Golden star earrings twinkled at her ears, and a jasper pendant hung gracefully around her neck, catching the soft morning light. 

With her brown leather bag slung over her shoulder and her favorite book tucked under her arm, she stepped into the common room, the air still tinged with slumber.

Inside the Great Hall, she glanced around, seeking a familiar face among the few early risers. Seeing barely anyone was awake, she grabbed a brioche and a fruit salad, along with a cup that magically filled itself with tea before stepping out onto the grounds of Hogwarts. 

She wandered Hogwarts ground until she found a secluded spot beneath a sprawling oak tree, its gnarled branches providing a protective canopy. Leaning against the trunk, she tilted her head back, gazing up at the sky. Sunbeams broke through the wispy white clouds, illuminating the world around her, while a gentle breeze brushed against her skin, sending a delightful shiver down her spine.

A curious squirrel scampered near, and with a smile, she held out a strawberry. The creature hesitated, then cautiously approached, its tiny paws wrapping around the fruit. She laughed softly, until a shadow fell over them, sending the squirrel darting away in fright.

Startled, she looked up, shielding her eyes from the sun. The figure before her gradually came into focus.

"Professor Black, is it? Fancy seeing you here!" she exclaimed, a playful lilt in her voice.

"Miss Baudelaire... Good day to have breakfast outside," he replied, a warm chuckle escaping his lips.

"I find the fresh air in the morning quite calming. Wouldn't you agree?" she said, her eyes sparkling.

"I wholeheartedly agree. There's something magical about the sunrise," he said, his gaze lingering on her.

Her smile deepened, and an unexpected familiarity lingered between them.

"I won't keep you, then. Enjoy your morning, Miss Baudelaire..."

"And you as well, Professor Black. May this new day bring you a fresh start," she replied, her voice sincere, as his heart clenched with a flicker of déjà vu.

He lowered his head, a soft smile gracing his lips, before turning back towards the castle.

Settling back against the tree, Elizabeth opened her book, savoring the quiet as she nibbled on her breakfast. The world around her faded, wrapped in the gentle embrace of nature.