7. The party, pt.1

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

It was Friday evening, and students from every house were buzzing with excitement as they prepared for the party starting in an hour. Elizabeth stood in front of her bed, a red towel wrapped tightly around her body, her eyes scanning the outfits she had laid out, searching for the perfect one.

"It's just Luna and me!" Ginny shouted as she burst into the room without knocking.

"Ginny! I could have been naked!" Elizabeth exclaimed, startled.

"So? We're all girls here; there's nothing you have that I don't," Ginny shot back, rolling her eyes.

She joined Elizabeth by the bed while Luna wandered around the room, admiring the colorful posters and photos adorning the walls.
Luna looked adorable in her light blue dress, which ended just above her knees, complemented by a pink crocheted cardigan draped over her shoulders. A yellow flower clip held back some of her flowing blonde hair, adding to her whimsical charm.

Ginny, on the other hand, wore a sleek black long-sleeved top beneath a fitted red and black plaid bodycon dress. Her red hair cascaded just past her shoulders, with sections twisted back and held in place with clear butterfly clips.

"You two look absolutely stunning," Elizabeth exclaimed, admiring her friends.

"Aw, thanks, love! But what about you? You're not even dressed yet! I mean, you could totally rock the party like that-it'd probably make a lot of people happy! But I doubt 'Mione would approve," she teased with a playful grin.

Elizaberh playfully shoved her, letting out a light laugh.

"Alright, back to business," the ginger said, placing her hands on her hips as she surveyed the neatly arranged clothes on the bed.
She picked up a top and a skirt but quickly tossed them onto the other bed with a shake of her head.

After a few more failed attempts, she suddenly gasped."Why was this beauty hidden away?" she exclaimed, pulling out a stunning red dress and holding it up for Elizabeth to see.

"This is it! You have to wear this," she insisted.
Luna, moving to Elizabeth's other side, nodded enthusiastically. "You would look absolutely lovely in it," she added dreamily.

Elizabeth looked between the two girls, feeling a wave of encouragement wash over her.

"Alright, fine, I'll wear it," she relented, snatching the dress from Ginny's hands before heading to the bathroom and shutting the door behind her.
Minutes later, she stepped out, adjusting the dress as she emerged.

Ginny and Luna gasped, their mouths falling open in awe."Is it okay?" Elizabeth asked, a hint of nervousness in her voice.

"Is it-girl, stop! You look stunning!" Ginny exclaimed, while Luna nodded vigorously beside her.

Elizabeth beamed, a warm blush spreading across her cheeks.

"Come sit; I'll do your hair," Luna said softly, gesturing to the desk chair.

Elizabeth sat down, and Ginny hurried to gather everything Luna needed for her hair.

"So they do this every year?"

Ginny nodded, "Every year since they were 14,"