Perfect Ending Epilogue

They play in the meadow, the boy and girl. There is a young girl with dark hair, but you can see the highlights of brown in the sun, her blue eyes twinkle with delight, enjoyment, and love. The young boy next to her with curly blonde hair and stony gray eyes, that even with a serious face can't take out the bubbly excitement contained inside of him. Their names are Athena Rose Mellark and Finn Rye Mellark, named after my precious Prim, the caring Finnick, and the sweet Rue. Both the girl and the boy have a story of their own to share. Both only came because of how badly Peeta wanted them. For 15 years he had to wait, just to hear me freak out when the presence of our little Rosie was felt inside of me. The only thing that could ever tame my anxiety was holding the precious baby in my hands, her big blue eyes and thick black hair staring straight up at me. Though the experience with the boy was better it was painful and hard remembering all that I had gone through, bringing him into the world was a blessing, just as it was with his older sister. Both the boy and the girl have always been close, doing so many activities together. Peeta and I taught them many things and they have made them their own. Rosie is the best combination of Prim, Peeta, and I. She has the spirit, drive, power, and stubbornness from me. Her sweet, kind, loving, and artistic spirit comes from Peeta, and her healing hands, pretty features, and calmness comes from my Prim. Finn is just like her, but he prefers baking, wrestling, and sword fighting rather than painting, hunting, dancing, and healing. The 2 are my yin and yang, opposites but will always be together, both know the exact way to make the saddest times happy memories. They understand our life isn't perfect but they make the best of it. Athena is learning about everything we went through, but the boy is oblivious, soon enough he will learn, and Peeta and I will share our experiences that will teach them. Finn and Thea don't know they are playing in a graveyard, but Peeta says it's okay. I hope both of them will accept it once we tell them.

I turn and look at the beautiful scene with the girl and the boy dancing and singing

Deep in the meadow

Under the willow

A bed of grass

A soft green pillow

Lay down your head

And close your eyes

And when they open

The sun will rise

Deep in the meadow

Hidden far away

A cloak of leaves

A moonbeam ray

Forget your woes

And let your troubles lay

And when again it's morning

They'll wash away

Here it's safe

Here it's warm

Here the daisies guard

You from every harm

Here your dreams are sweet

And tomorrow brings them true

Here is the place where

I love you

The song reminds me of bad times but also reminds me of peaceful ones I sat singing it to my children when they were little, the song brings me back happy memories because Peeta has taught me to find the best in every situation